Author Topic: Vista and I dont like it at all!  (Read 2592 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Vista and I dont like it at all!
« on: April 25, 2007, 07:49:21 PM »
I bought a new sony viao lappy a few months ago and I have given it plenty of time to try to get use to it and I still dont like vista!  With all my ebay programs, most of my olders wonderful programs I love it wont run.

Sony tells me I cant even fdisk and install xp on it so guess I am stuck with a lappy I dont like.

Tinkster

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Vista and I dont like it at all!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:56:21 AM »
My mom gave a new laptop to my daughter and it has vista on it . . . . I can't say I like it either.  I hate the new version of Word.  I can't find anything I need anywhere and had a devil of a time getting it to let my daughter use the printer.  Big Brother loaded it on one of his machines and has been playing with it so he has been helping me . . . .

Offline Christy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »
My son got them one,and they hate there's to,they had to turn there updates off.If they left them one the computer would freeze up. They call a place to see if they could put XP in it , they told them no, you can only go forward cant go backward.So they are stuck with an computer they hate to.

Christy

Offline enzo

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Members
  • Entrepreneur, marketer, and more...
  • With us since: 15/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Lorenzo Orlando Caum
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 07:33:23 PM »
i absolutely love vista. i was one of those eager ones and went out and bought it shortly after it was released.

a few weeks later i got an email from one of my professors that the school provides a copy for free... :(

--
Lorenzo
Buy tropical water lilies — Utopia Aquatic
An Enzo12 LLC venture

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 05:52:01 PM »
I love it, It works well for me but then again I have been running it since RC1 came out! Tinksters favorite techie phrase is FDISK IT... Tink you are really starting to scare me  ;) Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 07:51:29 AM »
As I have gotten to know Vista it got better and better.  I am now happy with it.
Most of the fokls who write about computers love it.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"