Author Topic: new goldies  (Read 2154 times)

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
new goldies
« on: December 29, 2007, 05:18:53 PM »
Just got these.. ebay forever!!!! @O@ :o o(

not the ranchu I wanted, but someone outbid me in the last minute..make that 10 seconds... sheesh... This one looks ok too, but did like the other one better..the way it goes on ebay  ::)

Not show fish, but I think the are good lookers..
Mary

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: new goldies
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:11:59 PM »
Wow!  Real beauties you got there.  The last one is really cute.  Is there a name for this variety? 

I've never purchased anything alive from ebay.  How long before you receive them?

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 01:55:50 AM »
The last goldie is called a Ranchu.  Another similar variety is the Lionhead, but I prefer Ranchu's.

I would guess they won't be shipped until after the 1st of the year.
Mary

Offline croft

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 12:12:21 PM »
Beautiful Goldfish! You did well  O0. I really like the first one. Are these going to to be kept indoors?
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
Kinda lol.  My goldie tank (70 gallon) is outside..but inside the barn.  It's marginally heated to about 45-50 degrees, but the tank has a 800 watt heater to keep it around 70. @O@
Mary

Offline WaterLilyGardener

• Members
  • With us since: 23/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Goldfish Care Information
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 10:46:18 PM »
Those goldfish look amazing. I never new you could by goldfish on Ebay. Thanks for sharing. I will probably go and check it out and see what other ones they have on there. I wouldn't mind having some.
Sincerely,

Jamie Boyle
Need Information On Goldfish
www.GoldfishCareInformation.com

Offline Philly Bill

• Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Big Puddle
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 05:23:44 AM »
Be very careful buying goldfish on eBay. Several horror stories have been posted on various boards about diseased, mis-represented, or badly packed fish. In one case the seller "disappeared," and even under better circumstances, you could get stuck with high shipping costs unreimbursed. Unless you quarantine your fish religiously, I would pass on buying shipped fish.

There are, of course, reputable sellers on eBay as well. Just be sure to check feedback and post on forums before you buy to make sure you are dealing with one of them. Ask a potential seller about their quarantine and packing standards. If they don't answer or reply inadequately, don't buy.

Philly Bill
Small Pond Blogger
phillyrover.wordpress.com
Bill Jordan
Small Urban Ponder

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 05:54:46 AM »
I want to re-iterate what Bill said.  I have purchased a couple nice fish from sellers on eBay but have also heard of some bad experiences.  And sometimes it seems as if a new seller shows up right as an old seller disappears.   {:-P;;
Jim

Offline WaterLilyGardener

• Members
  • With us since: 23/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Goldfish Care Information
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »
Thanks Bill and Sonny for the advice. Oh yeah for sure I would look at their reputation as one needs to have the knowledge and expertice to ship goldfish. There are several things people need to do in order to do this sucessfully. I would definitely not want to buy fish that were not taken care of and also come in all full of diseases and parasites. The thing like you guys said is one person comes and one person goes. There are so many people out there seeing other people selling something on Ebay so they in turn try and do the same. I find with Ebay you need to do some background research just to be on the safe side and inquire and ask question about the goldfish or products in fact before making a purchase. I've heard so many stories as well about people not buying what was being sold. Something people should be careful about.

If the person was a reputable seller on Ebay selling goldfish with a great feedback I would consider it but I would be asking questions first to make sure being shipped properly. Thanks for the advice guys for sure and many people should definitely think twice about what you said before buying goldfish on Ebay from sellers.

Sincerely,

Jamie Boyle
Need Information On Goldfish
www.GoldfishCareInformation.com

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 10:48:41 PM »
Unless you quarantine new fish from ANYWHERE you run the risk of bringing in diseased fish.  Even the most reputable can have bugzz that show up under stress conditions such as shipping. 

Don't be lulled into feeling secure because who you buy from is reputable. 

I have no choice if I want good goldies but to have them shipped.  The local fish stores do not have good goldies.   Buying from Petsmart or Petco is as much or more of a crapshoot than buying from a good dealer on ebay.

Be very careful buying goldfish on eBay. Several horror stories have been posted on various boards about diseased, mis-represented, or badly packed fish. In one case the seller "disappeared," and even under better circumstances, you could get stuck with high shipping costs unreimbursed. Unless you quarantine your fish religiously, I would pass on buying shipped fish.

There are, of course, reputable sellers on eBay as well. Just be sure to check feedback and post on forums before you buy to make sure you are dealing with one of them. Ask a potential seller about their quarantine and packing standards. If they don't answer or reply inadequately, don't buy.

Philly Bill
Small Pond Blogger
Mary

Offline Philly Bill

• Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Big Puddle
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 04:42:11 AM »
Right you are! Always quarantine from anywhere, as you could be introducing parasites unfamiliar to your pond.

The eBay sellers that caused the trouble sold fish that either a) clearly manifested disease or b) carried genetic abnormalities that caused them to die within weeks or months. If a breeder's fish die, they should stand behind them and give refunds, not disappear or change the business name.

Anyone can make a mistake. Selling live animals is risky business, and eBay won't even allow mammals on their site as a result. A merchant's reputation rests on "making it right." A local dealer will be hammered by negative word of mouth and will be inclined to satisfy you face to face if a problem arises. If dealing locally is not practical, finding a dealer like Steve Hopkins with lots of satisfied customers and a sterling reputation makes all the difference.

BTW, your eBay goldies are beautiful! If you have good luck with them, be sure to spread the good word about the seller.
Bill Jordan
Small Urban Ponder

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"