Author Topic: That does it!!!  (Read 1555 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
That does it!!!
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:30:31 AM »
I'm going to have to file an extension on my taxes, again!  >:(  And yeah I owe way more than chump change.  >:(-

Blasted taxes take away free time from my AP Forum.   {:-P;;  :D

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: That does it!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
We never have had to file for an extension but I have been in the line at the postoffice at midnight once. Each year I get it done a few days earlier. My CPA's secretary about fell over when I walked in this year about a month ago already. It's so stupid, since I'm retired, I have no excuse for being so late filing.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
I did not have fun this year. Not more than 5 minutes after I started, I realized I was missing a document.

Way back around Christmas, I had swished off my entire desk into a laundry basket and hid it out in the garage.
That was one giant pile of junk. Took me all day Saturday to go through it. I looked everywhere else, too but never found the document and I was starting to sweat.

So, I go to the Illinois dept of Revenue website and guess what? Typed in my name and SS#, and there was my document.  ::)

This is the first year in a long time that I waited so long. I won't do that again.

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:39:39 PM »
We paid last year >:( ....and got back money this year  @O@
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 06:34:44 PM »
I always file mine in January, cause I always get $ back.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 10:55:38 PM »
You guys are good, i always file one extension after another.  I don't even file them, my tax lady does it automatically.  One year, a while ago, I was actually ready before April and called her for an appointment.  She gasped and said "don't you dare, I am so busy and I count on doing you later"   So now, I have the perfect excuse and I've never tried to get them done on time again.  Now my excuse is that I am in Mexico and my documents are in the US.  I could have them sent to me and I can file electronically but why spoil my record of 20 years and make my wonderful tax lady crazy.  October is tax time for me!

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 09:54:58 AM »
Still working on mine now.  Guess I'm about done...but keeping thinking 'isnt there anything else I can write off'?  Need some filter and plant $$s...don't want to "pay" irs.   >:(-

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 10:18:11 AM »
Yeah, I'm doing the extension thing too. Jonna, you sound as bad as me! ;)
I just hate dealing with taxes. I'm NOT an organized person so I just cannot seem to keep paperwork together that I need. I end up spending hours hunting and sorting. ::)
I'm so bad! {:-P;;  It just makes me really mad too because DH and I don't make much money and we still end up paying.  :blowup: :boxing: &-) :swear:
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 12:32:13 PM »
Today is "T" day and I've finished my kids taxes  @O@ and got to where I probably won't have to pay  @O@ @O@ so I'm filing an extension.  After all the stress of getting the tax together I'm over it  >:(- 

Now I have until October to do my taxes too, and of course my business tax that's another story  >:(

Still have to mail the suckers but need nourishment now!!!  8)

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 07:35:14 AM »
Have never done an extension, and only had to "pay" extra with my returns twice in my life.  Have already received my refunds this year from both state and federal.  Yes, I know I allow the Govt. to hold some of my money without any interest, but I had to come up with some cash back in 1964 and vowed never to have that happen again.  BTW, I passed the Illinois Certified Public Accountant exam in 1969, and practiced as a CPA by reciprocity in North Carolina until I retired. Have only been "audited" once, and I won hands down.  But that's a story for another day and another time... 

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 09:07:12 AM »
Johns I know what you mean. I don't like giving the government an interest free loan either, but if I didn't do that I don't think I would ever really see that money. It would just land in the checking account and get spent on everyday things. It's sort of like stuffing a little money under the mattress every week, and taking it out every April.

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"