Author Topic: Happy spring!  (Read 1760 times)

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Happy spring!
« on: April 05, 2008, 06:01:13 PM »
The ice has been off the pond for a week or so but I couldn't really get at it because it was still surrounded by ice and snow.  Today I was able to stand on some of the rocks exposed around the edge and scoop the floating algae off the top and admire the fish.  Looks like all are accounted for.  When I had done all I could I pulled out a lawn chair and plunked it down on a snow-free spot on the deck and basked in the sunshine drinking my tea - without a coat on!  A beautiful day!  10*C (50*F), our first double digit above freezing temperature this spring.  The birds were busy and crocuses are in full bloom.  Looking forward to more days like this one.  Happy spring!   @O@  emm

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Happy spring!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:11:25 PM »
wooohoo congrats.. must be great to finally see if your fish m ade it or not.  Pretty much can see mine most of the year and how they are doing.

tinkster

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »
Testing to see if I can post photos.  @O@

Offline Sunbeam56

• Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 02:07:41 PM »
Woo Hoow!  @O@

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »
very pretty!

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:58:34 PM »
Very nice.  Looks like it's nice and toasty in Texas.
Alfonso

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 04:56:41 AM »
Emm,
Don't you feel ALIVE again?! It's the same here in Michigan, FINALLY!! This winter was WAY TOO LONG!
Kathy

Offline emm

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 08:33:46 PM »
Hi Kathy,

Yes, it feels great doesn't it?  Haven't done anything at the pond since that lovely day, it's been wet all week.  We had freezing rain yesterday and it's snowing a little tonight.  Not sticking though!  Almost all our snow has gone and little shoots are poking out of the soil.  Can't wait to lift the pond plants.  Was at a garden show today.  That too felt very "spring-y".  It's in the air.  Again, happy spring!  :)  emm

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 09:07:32 PM »
Sounds great, my crocuses are starting to bloom and things are greening up with all the rain we've had.  Today's rain was mixed with snow, but I'm not having any more of that stuff, no, no, no {nono}
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 04:29:21 AM »
it's 35 degrees and snowing here this morning. >:(
My pumps wont' be installed today either! it's supposed to warm up this week, so maybe.......
Kathy

Offline Derrick

• Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 06:30:59 AM »
My pond is finally free of snow and ice, but there is still lots that I have to walk through to get to it. I was SO tempted to raise my plants, but to do so means getting in the pond....and I changed my mind quickly when I felt the water!! hahaha

But soon, very soon!!! ;D

Derrick
Derrick....just a drummer in a rock and roll band.

Offline emm

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 07:35:58 AM »
Derrick,

Can you add rope or wire handles to your pots so that you can grab them with a hook from outside the pond thus avoiding having to get into cold water?  That's what I've done, don't know if it is possible with your set-up though.  I just use 2 rakes to use as hooks which allows me to be very accurate as I reposition the pots.  I'm hoping to raise my lilies next weekend. The forecast is for a nice week here so it's heading your way!  Hope your snow disappears as fast as ours did this year.  We had so much it was hard to believe that in a week it was mostly gone.

emm

Offline Derrick

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 09:01:17 AM »
I probably could do that for next year. Didn't occure to me when I sank them in the fall though... {:-P;; >:(-

Oh well, I don't really mind. I'll just pretend I'm a member of the Polar Bear Club taking a private dip!  @O@

Derrick

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 09:33:37 AM »
Hay Esther rigged up a neet thingy to get to her plants. It's a long poll with a hook on it. hen she has holes or some way to grab the pot and bring them in. Then ya don't have ropes all over to get tangled. I started to go in the other day as it was 74* out but when my foot hit the water I had a big change of heart  lol
BTW my son is a drummer and travles the world doing it. You can see him at jonwikan.com  or got to You Tube and type in Jon Wikan. he has several vidios there.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Derrick

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 09:41:41 AM »
That is a good idea with using a hook...can go fishing for flower pots in the pond! ::)

Was checking out your sons stuff. Very nice! He looks like he is doing very well at it! It is a hard way to make a living, but also an extremely gratifying one!

Derrick

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 11:31:02 AM »
Him and his wife do well. Not rich but get all expence paid trips everywhere around the world to play so I guess they must be pretty darn good in the Jazz world! He says it's so great to get paid to do what he loves to do. They both give lessons when at home in NY to help money wise also.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"