Author Topic: Hi Y'all! Miss me?  (Read 1047 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Hi Y'all! Miss me?
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »
I've been very busy. My club, Marion County Water Garden Society, is having a plant festival on June 22, 2008 here in Ocala, FL. This year, we're having four speakers, three pond related, one terrestrial plant related. On top of that will be plant trades and drawings. The park that we are using is almost like a botanical garden. Check it out at www.sholompark.com. For all the details, check out www.pondaholics.org.

Other than that, I've been trying to finish projects and collecting materials for new projects. My health is good and I'm still losing weight. I was laid off from work as the company is down-sizing their production but I got two weeks severance pay, two weeks vacation pay, and six days of regular work pay. All due Thursday of this week. Well, time is short right now and the wife is ready for bed. I will continue tomorrow.

Happy ponding,
Scott o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Y'all! Miss me?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 03:53:27 AM »
Were you laid off or let go? That kind of thing is scarey though.

Michigan is in a bad way economically. DH is in construction and during the winter was laid off.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:19:16 AM »
My name is Annette and I'm a pondaholic! 

I'm glad to see you back here and healthy. 

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 05:25:50 PM »
Not sure which it was Esther, I just know that I'm no longer employed there. They are paying for my insurance for the month of June. That is a critical month as I got an appointment with my cardiologist to find out what the echo showed.

Annette, I see that you followed the link. If you had followed the "About PondmaninFL" link to my home page, you would have noticed that I need to update it. It's on my ToDo list. ::)

Happy ponding,
Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 06:34:13 PM »
Hey, Scott!

How did that auto-fill thingie I sent you work out? Hope it worked out well. Good to see ya.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 05:33:45 PM »
Karen, I'm working that into the new set-up of my ponds which will now consists of four lined, wooden troughs and two stock tanks with wooden skirting. I had a 6' round metal stock tank but found a second hand 9' blue plastic one a few months ago. The troughs consists of a 4x10' which is under construction right now, a 3x5' log cabin style which is in planning, a 4x6' to replace the one that fell apart during the move, and the little 3x4' plant filter. I'm also going to build a 4x8' marginal tank to go with the 4x4' that my lotus are in. This is to try to get rid of all kiddie pools.

Happy ponding,
Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"