Author Topic: Busy packing  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Busy packing
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:37:21 AM »
We're leaving Saturday morning for Branson. I got snagged into listening to a timeshare pitch there. I know---"How many ways can you say, NO?" I have a story all ready to scare them from wanting to sell us something. I'll mention the AWWWWFUL economy in Michigan and how it has negatively affected the construction work and how Pete was layed off half the winter already. Then I'll mention how he will be retiring in January and wonder how we'll live on social security. Then if that doesn't work, I'll say, "Do you know how to spell NO?" "Can you hear my mouth moving?"

Anyway, we have an 1986 Ford conversion van that has been used mostly just for trips. It has about 100,000 miles on it and has been stored in our storage building the rest of the time. It is in beautiful shape. Pete built a queen size bed for it with storage drawers under the front of the bed. There is storage under the back too but not drawers. Then he made cooking/food facilities that go between the bed and the driver's seat. We camped in it for 6 weeks when we went to Alaska and it worked out fine. This time we're sleeping in it for 4 nights but just taking sandwichy and already prepared foods for quick meals. I have a small microwave to heat stuff and taking an old Coleman cooler. Here is a picture of the van when we went to Alaska.

We had planned on staying in KOA parks the other nights when we weren't in the hotel, given for listening to  the timeshare spiel but my step niece has some premium time share membership and she got us 5 nights in a two bedroom condo with cooking facilities for $90. PHEW, that is even less that what KOA would have been.  We'll be gone a week.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Busy packing
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:47:06 AM »
Have a great trip Esther! @O@

We used to camp in the back of our pickup truck before we had kids.  That's been a very long time ago.  Looks like you have your van set up very efficiently, but it will be even nicer having the condo to stay in.

I was in Branson in December.  My Sister and I took our Mom, who is 87.  We had a great time!  Lots to see and do there.

Karen

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 08:17:40 AM »
Esther, your van looks very well organized. It's great that you can camp out of it.

They will have plenty of pens at the sales pitch. Don't sign anything! Make sure you don't bring any credit cards or checks whatsoever to the sales pitch. Those people are brutal- the best in the business, you may not even know what hit you.
Good Luck.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 09:01:53 AM »
Hey Esther,

We always called them Love Mobiles o(:-) o(:-) o(:-) o(:-) o(:-)
That is a beauty and a great way to travel. O0 Great job Pete O0

You know what they say: IF YOU SEE THIS VAN A ROCKIN, DON'T COME A KNOCKIN@O@ @O@ @O@

Have a great trip,

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:14:05 AM »
Wow nice! I need something like that on our canoe trips!

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 10:51:08 AM »
Well if you feel like coming by Kansas City and saying hello I will send you my number and addy. You would not be too far away. Alot of my avon customers have homes up at the lake there but I have never been there. As busy as it is getting I don't feel like I am missing much.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 06:52:24 PM »
Very organized looking.  Have fun on your trip  :)
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 07:34:30 PM »
Tracey, thanks for the invite. We're leaving here Saturday, hopefully early and have to check in Sunday the 18th in the Wyndham Mountain Vista condos. We have it for 5 nights. Turns out-----------

You are not going to believe this.  I knew that my brother in law and sister in law were going to Branson with another couple from our church the same week we were going to be there. So this morning I sent my SIL a link to the Branson 10 day weather forcast. It looks real good, by the way. Tonight I got on the computer and saw an email from my SIL and she asked where we are staying. So I tell her the story about how we had started out thinking to camp in the van but a step cousin  was nice enough to arrange a condo for us for 5 days. Then I Googled the Wyndham Mountain Vista and sent Marcia the link. Right after that, the phone rang. She was laughing so hard she could hardly speak. She says, "Know what?? WE ARE STAYING AT THE SAME PLACE!!!" They are checking in the same day too. But I don't know how long they're staying or what their condo # is. So I suspect we'll be seeing some shows together and doing stuff together. Isn't that just a hoot???

Anyway Tracey, I doubt we would take the time to swing out of our way to come over. I looked you up on the Atlas. I think Pete is anxious to get back because his son has a construction side job that they want to get started on Memorial Day. Thanks anyway.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:10:34 AM by Esther »

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 07:37:17 PM »
Have A Great Trip Esther ! You're van is nicely packed ,  very organized looking .
bonnie

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »
Esther, Pete made a very nice little RV out of that van!   @O@ I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip to Branson (after listening to "the pitch").   lol 

We used to go to Branson every year for several years when our children were young.  (It's not that far away from southeast Ks).  You'll love the craft shops at Silver Dollar City, as well as the shows and all the things to see in Branson.  You're going at a good time, too...we always seemed to go in August and it was pretty hot then.

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »
Well have a great time and one of these day swing by and visit with the kansas city ponders.

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 07:24:15 AM »
Sounds like a great week except for the hopefully short lived sales pitch... What fun that you get to meet up with others at your condo hotel.. :) Have a great time!
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 05:48:29 AM »
Good luck. They will hardly take no for an answer. And they get mad when you tell them no. But just keep saying no. They will finally give up. If you get a chance go to Dick Clarks. We saw Bobby Vee there last Nov. It was a great show.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"