Author Topic: Friggity again (UPDATE!)  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Friggity again (UPDATE!)
« on: May 07, 2008, 07:22:33 AM »
Here is the resident frog "Friggity"--he has been in the pond I know for at least two years.  There are no other frogs, and when you look at him you'll see why  :o  He's got a bad eye on one side (the left I believe) and you can walk right up to him and grab him from the left  lol  but he's quick to dive if you approach from the right   :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 06:23:17 AM by Kittyzee »
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Friggity again
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 07:43:55 AM »
Very cute... wonder what happened to his eye?  Maybe he was just born that way.  What is the lush plant in the water around him?
Joey

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 08:31:49 AM »
Poor guy. I'm surprised he's lived that long with only one eye. Preditors would be able to easily catch him like you do. Your pond must be very safe for him!

I couldn't even count how many frogs we have here.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »
I don't know what happened to his eye, he very well could have been born that way.  I have always had many frogs but he is the king of his domain and I'm sure he eats whatever is smaller than him.  My pond is tucked away by the corners of kitchen and garage and is fairly safe from predators.  The cats don't seem to be interested and the racoons are looking for cat food.

That plant of which the name escapes me (I'm sure someone knows what it is) is native to ponds around here.  It gives great cover which in turn keeps algae growth down to a minimum and also cover for fry and eggs.  The fish love hiding in it.  When it gets a little too thick, I just pull it out and throw it on the compost pile.  It overwintered in the pond this year. 8)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 09:56:15 AM »
That is so cool having a resident frog.  The plant he's on does look very lush.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 05:44:05 PM »
he is to cute!!  I also have a fish with one eye and he is the king of the pond also and the biggest.. maybe they over compensate for one disablitly?

tinkster

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Friggity again (UPDATE!)
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 06:29:01 AM »
In another thread I posted this pic ("frog menace" I believe) because I found Friggity with a fish tail hanging from his mouth.  He was quickly netted and removed to the creek in the pasture which was full of running water from all the recent rains.   :o

Well, two weeks later as I am walking up my walk I glance down and Friggity is sitting in my pond again in the middle of all those lush plants!..I tried netting him twice and he escaped, and then DH got him for me.  He took him about 1/4 of a mile down the road to a pond with some horses.  I swear I"ll see him hopping down the middle of the road towards my house again.   lol  If I do, I'll be the one to find a new home for him, I have just the place... ;)   ;D
LuAnn

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 06:38:35 AM »
That is one fat frog.  :o
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 08:17:55 AM »
That is one fat frog. 
In frog speak....."pleasingly plump"  ;D

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 11:55:53 AM »
I an sorry to inform you ,one cannot say "Friggity" here {nono} {-)

@O@
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »
That is so gross...better you than me  :o :o :o  I like frogs from a distance  :D

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 05:32:02 PM »
 lol Jerry, I should have known YOU would be the one to "bust" me!  lol 

Joyce, he was VERY FAT, and I know it looks like I'm squeezing him but his tummy was full of my fish!  I've never seen a bullfrog that big before--and he is quite a docile creature.  I felt really bad about relocating him and I do miss him.  But I'll remove ALL bullfrogs from my pond from now on, they just can't be trusted  ;)
LuAnn

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"