Author Topic: Cicada's vs. Weedeater funny, now I guess  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Cicada's vs. Weedeater funny, now I guess
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:35:38 AM »
Yes, we still can't go out and enjoy the pond or anything else for that matter.  Its hot, humid and suppose to be 97 here and that's with out the heat index.  Bit the bullet and dh and boys decided to team up and cut the grass and trim. 

I'm sitting on the front porch, and was going to go and dig some more on a hole for the prefrom (freebie) for a tropical lilie or two.  While walking threw, the Cicada's were flying every where around the weedeater.  We'll while walking they swarmed me, dh told me to come inside.  When I got inside, I had them in my hair, down my shirt, in my bra.....

I ran back out side, with my bra pinched in my hand.  I swear I was in the process of taking my shirt off, trying to keep a grasp on my bra.  I wanted that thing out of there.  I finally managed to get it out and keep my shirt on.  Shook my head and came back inside.  Sat down on the couch, and faintly heard something buzzing.  I thought one had came in, and was behind the couch.  Then I felt it, it was inside my shirt on my back.  I started hollaring get it off of me, get it off of me.  My daughter about in tears said MOM, its on your back.  I said I know, knock it off.  She wouldn't get near it.  She went and got one of her brothers, he picked it up by its wings and took it outside.

I don't get freaked out by much, but having a half dozen of them down your shirt, one in your bra.  In your hair all at the same time.  I believe I was freaking.  I still feel like their crawling on me.  So glad they don't bite or sting.

I decided to go and dosome more reading on them.  I saw a paragraph where it said, that they hear the sound of the lawnmower or weedeater and thinks its a big mating call...LOL, that's why they fly to it.  Think I will stay inside until they are done with the grass.

All I know is its about to make me loose my mind.  I'm so tired of it  :cry:, bright side dh  said he will finish digging the hole.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 03:59:09 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Cicada's vs. Weedeater funny, now I guess
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 11:51:51 AM »
lol
I know its not funny - but its the sort of thing you have to laugh at. Because you really can't do anything about it.
:)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:13:18 PM »
Too bad it wasn't captured on video.....  but you did a great job describing it..   lol lol
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »
rofl kim.. I know its not funny but yet it is.. I know how you feel.. last year in florida I had that huge palmetto bug up my shorts and I started running inside and stripping at the same time.. I never made it inside though before my shorts where off.. your a better woman than me lol.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 01:33:44 PM »
That was very descriptive Kim, I have a mental image that will not go away and OMG! inside your clothes!  Funny later, but really gross when it is happening. 

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 02:31:55 PM »
That was very descriptive Kim, I have a mental image that will not go away and OMG! inside your clothes!  Funny later, but really gross when it is happening. 

I was think that too !  :o ...Poor Kim!
There's only a few here but I can hear them in the distance in the wood's that about 1/4 mile away .
Hopefully they';ll stay there too!

bonnie

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »
I finally ventured back outside.  Still a little leary about it all.  Need to water my flowers.  I'm ready to move, Lawana if your reading this I'm offering my Shiro to ya, for a week away from the Cicada's LOL.

We poured another bag of shock into the pool early this morning and its still grass green.  I decided to hook up the vacuum hose, put the vacuum on the bottom, and got a suction going and draining the whole thing.  These things aren't going to ruin the whole entire summer and put fresh in.  Its got to be them messing with the PH in the pool, no telling how many are on the bottom....eeew.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 04:04:07 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 07:20:27 PM »
Hardly know where to start here,
 First of all I'd pay to see that video, but if it were me, I'd be freaking out and would NOT be going outside again any time soon.
Sorry your having to go through this, but then again, better you than me {:-P;;

Hope those suckers leave SOON O0

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »
Wish there was a recording of it.  Could have entered it in AMV, I might have missed my $10,000 moment.

Kim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"