Author Topic: Straight line winds &...  (Read 1644 times)

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Straight line winds &...
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:38:16 PM »
a BIG hole in the barn . Big enough you could fit 3 elephants in .
My only tree in the yard was struck by lighting & lost 2 large limb's  that
just missed our new house . The workers porta pot was turned over ...good thing this
happened late last night because no one was in it.... ::) cause if they
was...eeeeewwww weeee ...they just might stink !

Did anyone else get this stomr or have any damange ?

bonnie

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Straight line winds &...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »
I'm just glad that that is the extent of your damage. The barn is still standing, the hole can be repaired, and well, no one was in the porta @O@
The limbs missed your house----That's great news O0
Lots of stoms this spring. Northeast OK and southeast KA. looks like a brutal place to be this spring.
AND, no one was hurt? o(:-)

And, your gazing ball is OK @O@ @O@ @O@
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 02:13:26 PM »
Is that where a sliding barn door was? Looks rather square with straight edges to be wind damage.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 02:14:56 PM »
Glad to hear that everyone is safe.  Eeeew can't even imagine the porta pot mess.  Its been really quiet here.  Hot and Humid for sure, but no storms.  It might have rained a little early this morning, I don't know.  I use to hear a bird land on the roof (so to speak) in the middle of the night.  But, since I started this new job, I crash at night.  The bed of my truck barely had any water it in, so it didn't do much.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 06:58:25 PM »
No none was hurt , not even the animal's .
The gazeing ball is metal . All my gazeing ball's are metal .
I used to have the glas one's but they kept getting broke .

The bottom half of the "hole" was a door on hinge's . The other end of the barn was
damaged the last time we had straight line wind's . It blew the whole end off !  :o
And it blew the roof off our pump house & threw it into the mud pond .It took half a wall with it . The wall was made of cement block's . They're claiming (sp?) it was straight line wind's anyway. I have no clue.... ;D . It shook this old farm house last night .
I cannot wait until our new house is finished so when the storm's come I can run to the basement... ;D

Glad you're sleeping at night kim . You're job must be keeping you very busy!

bonnie

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »
Lots of storms this spring. Northeast OK and southeast KA. looks like a brutal place to be this spring.

And, your gazing ball is OK @O@ @O@ @O@
Steve

Yes, Steve, southeast KS has been a brutal place to be this spring...I'm tired of running to the basement every week!   >:(-

Bonnie, I'm glad no one was hurt and it didn't take your whole barn or damage your new house.   :)  This has been about the wackiest Spring/Early Summer I've ever seen.

I think I need to get a metal gazing ball.  ;)

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 09:30:36 PM »
oh Wow! I am so glad we don't get that kind (or actually any nasty kind) of weather up here... mind you, we don't see the sun for months either :S

Glad everyone is safe and hope your basement comes into fruition soon, that's some nasty weather you guys are getting down that direction.
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 05:46:49 AM »
Yikes!  Glad the most important things were unharmed- people and pets and ponds  ;)
Joey

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 07:53:27 AM »
 :o :o :o  Horrible!  Glad you and yours are fine.  The weather news has been wackier then ever around the country.  I can't complain but we are not getting the usual sunshine and it's been cool (not complaining!  ;)

Hope clean up and repairs are easy.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 08:32:27 AM »
Sorry about the damage.  Our ground is so saturated with all the rain we have had, it would be a mess if we had a big wind storm.  I'm sure we would loose a lot of the trees in the woods surrounding our house.

I love your barn o(:-)  Old barns have so much character.  We have a pole barn, its so ugly.  Those old barns can take a lot of wind.  We have the skeleton of one still standing.  My mom is always saying "when are you ever going to tear that old thing down?"  I like it!

Are those little buildings for calves?

Karen

Offline bunny56lbc

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »
Those little buildings are calf hutches . Funny thing or call it weird, all the damage to the barn & tree & not a one of the calf hutches turned over .

I feel for the people liveing in Northeast OK and southeast KA . Now they are really haveing terrible weather !

bonnie

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »
Bonnie,
I told Sandye the same thing.
The calf hutches must have been below the winds. Good for the calves, ( if there are any right now)
Lots of calf hutches around here.
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"