Author Topic: fish almost lost  (Read 615 times)

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
fish almost lost
« on: June 16, 2008, 05:43:18 AM »
Yesterday I went outside and found 2 goldfish floating and gasping. I though oh no they are dying. We had had some trouble with a pump and had turned it off for a couple of days. I had put a pump in the pond for air only. My husband and I are both having back trouble and gettin shots in our back. So we are slow doing things this year. Well I went to garage got a net and started putting goldfish in another pond. The first one that was floating came back real quick. The second one was in bad shape. I took the net with him in it and swished him through the water to get air into his mouth. Next I put him so his mouth would have air from the pump go into it. I was making a last ditch effort to save him. Then I started ripping hornwort out of the pond so fish could get more air. I went inside and came back later he was still on his side gasping. The second time I came out he was swimming and is fine. He is just one of my goldfish I have had for years I hardly ever loose a fish. And I didn't this time either even throught our stupidity.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 05:44:51 AM by Vickie »

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Re: fish almost lost
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 05:58:34 AM »
Hornwart is actually an oxygenator so it should help fish, not impede them.
Early morning is very stressful on fish if there is not enough air or too high of a fish load.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"