Author Topic: Saturday morning Walk-about  (Read 836 times)

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Saturday morning Walk-about
« on: June 21, 2008, 11:35:49 AM »

Just teasing...that beautiful waterfall is located at the zoo in Waco on the Brazos River.  We were there last week on vacation.   8-)~ Eat your heart out Carlos  8-)~   

This is what my place looks like this morning after an inch of rain last night.

The cottontails come into the yard and help themselves.  The hen and chicks are ruined.

I didn't plant many of my pots this summer...just as well...the rabbits have eaten nearly everything that they can reach.  I had to put tin cans over my 4 o'clocks to save them.  They are an annual here.

But I was able to find a little color this morning.

Yep...I'm so hard up for color that that squash even looks pretty.  Could this be why I'm leaning more and more toward tanks and lilies  ;D ;D ;D

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday morning Walk-about
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 11:50:59 AM »
What a tease!  When I saw the 1st photo I had to look at your name again to see why I haven't seen this beautiful pond!  lol

You have Cottontails in your garden, I have raccoons  >:(-  in my lilies.

Pretty flowers, the blue one is one planted last year and is back again - something about it being a balloon flower?  Is your backyard really that small?!?!  :o  I bet I could fit our neighborhood in just the area up to the trees in the photo!

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »
 {:-P;;  We live on the northeast corner of our community.  Actually by yard ends at the gas meter, but I keep the rest mowed because of snakes and grass fires.  :D

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:07:04 PM »
You gave me a start with the waterfalls, too, LOL.  Your yard is definitely looking very dry.  We don't get rabbits because the outdoor kitty will eat them but she doesn't mess with the racoons that come by (as far as I know).  Hope you get some more flowers & rain.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 12:46:34 PM »
The WAco waterfall is beautiful!
I like your gardens too! :)

We need rain!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"