Author Topic: Ohio Water Garden Festival  (Read 2152 times)

Offline frogman3

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Ohio Water Garden Festival
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:47:38 AM »
 If anyone is interested in attending it would be nice to meet some other ponders on this board. It is being held at Green Vista Watergardens in Enon, Ohio. They have 20 display ponds as well as thousands of pond plants for sale. The lilies will be discounted. They also sell all kinds of pond fish including Golden Orfe's. Some of the events for the day are: Pond Bingo prizes are gift certificates for pond stuff,
food and drinks, educational seminars plus the Dayton Koi and Goldfish Club will hold their annual Koi auction @ 2:00 on Saturday the 21st. Let me know if anyone is able to attend. The web site with directions is http://www.greenvista.com

Tom

Offline Brian

• Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ohio Water Garden Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:38:17 PM »
Bonnie, Ky Kim, Indiana Karen, Oceanbum, Looney...What do you think about meeting up for this event?
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:08:51 PM »
I'm going , with my cousin Mike & his wife (Joyce) .  @O@

bonnie

I'll be the one in the blue American T shirt...... {:-P;;
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 02:17:28 PM by bunny56lbc »

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:00:38 AM »
Brian,

That is a great idea but unfortunately my Mom's birthday is the 21st.  She will be 88 and we always have a big dinner.  One of these days we should meet up though, we are only an hour away from each other. If you are ever headed to Terre Haute on I-70, I'm close by, even closer to Highway 40.  Would love for you to stop by.

Karen

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »
Someone who is going please take pictures or I will be mad >:(-
Thanks,
Rich

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 02:08:37 PM »
Hello Tom and welcome to AP! 
Do you own/work at Green Vista by any chance?

I am approx 2 hours away but have never managed to get there, YET.

DH was working in the area a couple of years ago and was telling me about your (the) place.   I believe it was when GV moved from? Springfield ?

Bonnie, you plan on going and didn't invite me/us?? ;)

Brian, We now have possession of our 20 acre property and have so much we need to do on the weekends right now... I would LOVE to go and see you and others again but I don't know right now if I can make it.

Karen, I didn't realize that you were only an hour away from Brian, I thought for some reason you were further away!

This sounds like a great time.. maybe DH can do all the work without me for one day?

Most likely I won't know until the last minute.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »
Thanks for the invite.  I've been talking to dh about it and I got my schedule for the Credit Union today and it looks like I will be off on the 21st, at least from that job.  Now I need to get off on the other job that night. 

So at least I am trying to work something out so I might be able to come.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »
Sounds like a blast.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline frogman3

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 08:41:38 PM »
Hi  Bonnie, Nope no connection to Green Vista other than wanting to load up the car with lots of pond goodies when i'm there. I live about 25 minutes away in a suburb of Dayton. I have two ponds, one a 75 gallon preform. The second which I just built 3 weeks ago about 1000 gallons and the third, which will have a short stream connecting the two ponds will be about 7000 gallons. I had planned on renting the terimite to dig the pond this week end but mother nature dumped 6 inches two days ago and more on the way tomorrow. :'( So it looks like I will be doing site prep Sunday which involves cutting the sod for removal and reuse later after I build a terrace around pond #2. My yard will never be the same. :)  The event is both Saturday and Sunday but since the Koi auction is on Saturday it seemed to be the better day. They are also conducting a silent auction. Don't know much about that though.
I have not been involved with the plant exchange as of yet on the forum but I must say what a great idea sharing your plants for everyones benefit.
Looking forward to meeting people that share my love for ponding. @O@  Speaking of sharing I plan on posting pics of some containers that make great tub ponds or planters for a larger pond that I will bring that day for anyone that desires one. Freebies  ;D

Tom

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »
Bonnie,
Come & go with us or meet us somewhere . I've just been so excited about getting to go that I forgot to ask if anyone esle want's to go along too .
I'm driveing , I can fit 7 people in the mini van & still have room for plant's if anyone buy's any or whatever we get that is.... {:-P;;

bonnie

Offline joeyb5980

• Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 12:33:08 PM »
I am thinking about going... investigating distance and schedule and finances... too soon to decide for sure.  Sure sounds like fun though!  :)
Joey

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 08:00:16 PM »
Gee Frogman where do you live?  I live only about 1/2 drive or less from Green Vista--been there many times!  I would love to come but am going to a wedding that day!  RATS!  :P  I'd much rather have fun there!  It's a great place  o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Loony

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 10:27:50 AM »
I would love to go, but we are leaving that day to go to Galveston. Haven't seen our daughter and son-in-law in almost a year. I wish it was some other weekend.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 02:36:58 PM »
I am thinking about going... investigating distance and schedule and finances... too soon to decide for sure.  Sure sounds like fun though!

I hear ya Joey.  Plus the heat!  It might just be too hot to drive that far.  I wouldn't want to be outside all day in 90+ heat and humidity.  Maybe temps will be better by then.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline frogman3

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »
Kim, I don't think this weather will last. Last year the number of 90+ degree days I think was less than four. Besides some of the display ponds are located on the grounds of "The Dock" which is a (and probably the only one in town) sports Bar and Grill. Anyone ever seen (in person) a Blue/ Silver Orfe? I could not get Green Vista to confirm that's what they were but that's what they looked like to me o( . They were in the ponds at The Dock. Would not mind having a few of those but they only sell the Golden Orfe's.

Tom

Offline frogman3

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 12:32:05 PM »
Thought I would bump this up and see how many are going this Saturday. I just received their e-mail newsletter and the prize for the pond bingo which is at 1:00 is a $100.00 gift certificate. Koi auction is from 2-3:30. The Heron Dart Toss is from 12-4 prizes are discount coupons for fish. Just in case you have lost any to the dirty birds >:(- Also they attached a 30% discount coupon good on any regular priced item at the event. I will be sure to have extra copies for those who want one. So speak up if you are attending. I will bring some of the tubs for ponding to share they are 20 gallon tubs and are practically Indestructible. Hope to see you there.  O0

Tom

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 12:38:45 PM »
My brother accused me of bringing our Texas heat to Ohio when I visited.  The funny thing was that as soon as I left the temps dropped back down to normal, LOL.  Wish I could have attended.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline joeyb5980

• Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 12:57:41 PM »
Well, I really wanted to come, but it looks like about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me.  Just too far for me  :-\  I am sure those of you who are going will have a blast  :)
Joey

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"