Author Topic: Got out my Sphere  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Got out my Sphere
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 09:19:02 AM »
I went to the Addasphere.com web site and they have replacement spheres on sale too for much cheaper than the kit.  Heck you could make a base out of PVC and also use PVC to make the vacuum tube.
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 09:33:51 AM »
I wonder if you can fit your head in those things.... :thinking:
Can you imagine the photo I could take of me in the lotus pond?  :D
Especially when it is all seed pods in the Fall...would look like an astronaut amongst aliens! LOL!  lol
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 09:57:41 AM »
LOL Joyce!

That would be a great photo.  I'll bet you could photoshop your picture into that sphere!
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline joeyb5980

• Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 10:22:34 AM »
LOL Joyce too funny  :D lol
Joey

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »
I noticed the replacement spheres are much cheaper, too.  Heck, you could set one up on a milk crate(s), with holes cut so fish can swim from the crate up into the sphere.

My improvised upside-down fish bowl has been out there 24 hours, and I don't think anyone has discovered it.  I'm gonna try putting food inside it tomorrow morning.

Offline Julles

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 01:48:40 PM »
I THINK some fish may have gone in there this morning, because the food pellets I put in were gone when I looked again, about 20 minutes later.

I tried again, but it was the larger koi who smelled the food and tried to figure how to get it.  The mouth of my container is sized for smaller koi or goldfish to enter.  I was afraid the koi would harm themselves, or jump out, trying to get into the mouth of the fish bowl, or, worse yet, get stuck in there and not be able to turn around and swim out.  So I removed the food.  Now, if any fish go in, it will be some curious goldfish who stumble on it by chance.

If I try baiting again with food, it will have to be a "supervised activity."

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 03:35:28 PM »
Not to be a downer but I seem to recall that someone's turtle got up in theirs and drowned  :'(
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 05:08:09 PM »
Hell, forget the photoshop, I want to see your head in a sphere O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

And I ain't kidding @O@ @O@ @O@

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 08:14:32 PM »
 lol  lol  lol
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Susie

• Members
  • With us since: 09/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Add-A-Sphere®
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 10:00:24 AM »
Hello everyone.  I just discovered your site & am very excited to become a part of it!  My name is Susie Faircloth.  I live in Northern KY- Greater Cincinnati area.
We began ponding 3 years ago when we built a new house & the pond was finished before the house!  We have two dogs, Darby the Labradoodle & Shelby the Schnoodle.  We have several Koi & goldfish.  We have participated in our local Pond Tour "Pondarama" the past three years.  Last year I was looking for new items to add & stumbled across the Add-A-Sphere® on Ebay.  I bid on it & just as I was about to win it the seller informed me there was a flaw in the sphere & couldn't sell it to me.  I was so disappointed!  I started googling all over the internet only to find they were no longer being produced & nowhere to be found.  I ended up finding the inventor & told him I really had to have one.  He said, "He just didn't have a passion for ponds but was looking for someone who did."  I said' "That would be me!"  Long story short we took over the Patents & are now the sole distributor & manufacturer of the Aquatic Add-A-Sphere®! 

Basically, here's how it works:
Imagine feeding and gazing at your fish above the surface of your water garden. Add-A-Sphere® appears to defy gravity. Install it with underwater lights and prepare for some beautiful night viewing of your fish. It brings your fish above the water line while magnifying them three times their size and adding a new dimension of excitement to any water garden or pond.

Add-A-Sphere® is filled with water and sits on the pedestal. This product has a feature which allows you to automatically feed inside the globe with ease. Watch your fish feed, in a magnified view! Magnification also allows early detection of potential medical problems.

Kit comes complete with sphere, underwater base, feeder device and instructional manual everything necessary to easily install your Add-A-Sphere® in your pond in minutes!

We have a
Summer Sizzlin' Sale      Summer Sizzlin' Sale      Summer Sizzlin' Sale      Summer Sizzlin' Sale going on right now!!!

Looking forward to meeting fellow ponders!!
Susie
   o( o( o(

Please visit us at:
www.addasphere.com

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »
 :o

Hummmmm...wonder is a fish bowl on a plant stand might work?  Might be able to figure out some way to make it work for the granddaughter to enjoy.

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 03:48:32 PM »
Tracy, dont you have one? I think that was the first place I've seen one. I love the looks of them!!!!!

Offline Julles

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »

Susie, welcome.  And what a coincidence that the owner of the Add-a-Sphere would stumble upon our forum!

I hope you post some pictures of your pond.  Just start a new thread, and post away!

SueSTx, I did use a fish bowl to improvise a mini-sphere.  It's propped up on bricks in a shallow end of the pond, but I think you could use a milk crate with holes cut for the fish to swim through.

This morning, I discovered that my sphere WAS in use - it's filled with newly hatched tadpoles.  Later I noticed my female betta in the sphere.  Probably eating the tadpoles.   :(   But I realized this could be a problem, and may just take the thing down... Bettas breathe air, and I watched the female to to the surface, and it looked like she was trying to get come air.  But since there is no air bubble in my sphere, there was no air for her to breathe.  She was getting frantic and really thrusting her mouth at the top of the bowl.  Honestly, I don't know if she was trying to get air, or trying to catch tadpoles.  But I didn't want to take the risk, so I dumped the sphere and let her out.

Don't want to loose a fish that way.  I also worry that one will get in there and not find its way down, and that the water temperature might get really hot.

Offline Susie

• Members
  • With us since: 09/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Add-A-Sphere®
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
Thanks Julles!!  I'll do that!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"