Author Topic: Stranded in the OC  (Read 1082 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Stranded in the OC
« on: July 13, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »
I have no time to meet up with anyone but wanted to say "hi" to my
Southern CA pond friends.

I'm headed to bed after an exhausting day sitting around in the Atlanta airport. Flights were being cancelled and delayed right and left. It was a mess. My flight to Orange County from Atlanta was delayed due to terrible thunderstorms in Atlanta and I missed my connecting flight home. My boss booked me a room as Delta would not because the delay was from weather and not their fault. The hotel I'm at here is much nicer than the dump of a Hilton at the Atlanta airport where I spent the last five nights.

~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stranded in the OC
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 10:14:21 PM »
If there was time I know Annette Mikey and Mike W. would entertain you.  me too o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 12:14:12 AM »
Sorry I missed you LeeAnne.  We spent most of the day down in San Juan Capistrano at an outdoor Shakespeare play.  Didn't get back home until late.  I'm having breakfast first thing in the morning in Seal Beach with some fellow retirees but I imagine you will be catching a plane out of John Wayne back home first thing tomorrow......err, today.... 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:52:21 AM »
I landed at John Wayne at 8pm and am taking off at 10am so there really wasn't time to meet up with anyone. I sure wish there was.......

I was too tired to even consider doing anything but going to sleep after I got my flight home squared away, checked in to the hotel, ate and popped in here. I was still on Atlanta time so it felt like 2am when I went to bed.

I was thinking of all of you that are so close when I landed. Did anyone see the sunset? It was amazing. At least what I saw out the windows at John Wayne was. Wish I had a camera on my phone.

Well, I'm off to the airport.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 11:24:30 AM »
So near and yet so far - sorry we missed you. Hope you are rested this morning.

How do you deal with the humidty in Atlanta this time of year? Nasty stuff eh?

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »
So Close!!!  I would have met up with you if you stayed a bit longer.  I'm only about 20 minutes from John Wayne Airport.  But with all the security these days you really didn't have time.

But next time let us know and the OC AP Brigade will be there with Mike holding a sign!  :welcome:   lol

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 03:42:29 PM »
Mike, The humidity in Atlanta was awful. Worse than last year because there were thunderstorms and rain.
I was mostly indoors working in the gift/merchandise marts but did experience it getting to and from the hotel and MARTA waiting for shuttles etc. outdoors.

Annette, I was only supposed to be at Orange County for an hour and didn't find out I would be spending the night until almost 9pm, otherwise I would have let everyone know in advance. I'm not shy about getting together with forum friends!
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"