Author Topic: Subdue Fungicide  (Read 819 times)

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Subdue Fungicide
« on: July 19, 2008, 11:25:51 AM »
Hello, 
 Can anyone tell me where to get Subdue Fungicide at a more affordable price than $200-$300 per quart?  I had the bad experience of purchasing a changeable water lily from an ponding online store that sent me a specimen with crown rot.  Being new to ponding I did not recognize the "rank" smell of the plant (when I took it out of the bag) as being the first indication that something was amiss.  Also, I did not realize that healthy roots should be white, not dark brown/black.  I had assumed that this was supposed to be the way they were and when the plant died a couple of weeks later I thought that maybe I had done something wrong.  It took me about a month to figure out what it really was.  Had I know earlier I would have made a complaint sooner and requested an exchange.

So, now I have decided that I should soak all new specimens in Subdue fungicide for 2 hours (if bare root) like various "experts" suggest if I am concerned about this happening again.  Problem is that this stuff is not sold in local big box stores and it seems to be very expensive.  Any ideas? 
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Subdue Fungicide
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 11:39:42 AM »
WELCOME greenthumbnails.

Sounds like the " experts " have more money than us regular ponders. lol I've been on these boards a long time and have never heard of the stuff.

I've heard of ponders using very small doses of bleach and water to kill parasites that may be introduced to a pond. I have also heard of using a very small dose of PP ( Potasium Permangenate) for the same purpose.

I think your experience is fairly rare to happen, and wouldn't justify paying that much for a fungicide. And if the lily was already smelly and brown the fungicide wouldn't of helped anyways. The plant was already dead. 

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Subdue Fungicide
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 03:58:50 PM »
Thanks for the post.  Seems like no one else has a response on this one  :(, so I think I will look into the PP as I have heard of this before too.  I just need to find a source for that too.  It also seems to be fairly pricey though, but can be bought in smaller quantities to lessen the cost. 
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"