Author Topic: Blond Moments  (Read 828 times)

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Blond Moments
« on: August 03, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »
I have been trying for over a year now to get ready  to ship fish. Little steps, got a 02 tank, ordered boxes, 4mil plastic bags. went round and round with Fed-ex about shipping fish. Sent in 3 boxes to their testing labs and failed all 3, but my rep. told to go ahead and ship. Called UPS finally and was told all I need to do was to double bag in 4mil. bags. 1/3 water and 02 and I was good to go.
I tested my 02 tank and brand new regulator as I set it up and I could not seem to get the air to flow at a light rate, it would just come blasting out. I had gotten a welding 02 tank and new regulator and I was sure I was following directions. Why was it not working, I could not be this blond for pity's sake, I use to be an RT. It was coming out at such a blast of hard air no matter how I turned the value that I had visions of blasting the bag holding the poor fish & water all over the garage wall.
Finally I gave up trying it myself and told the setup back to the welding/gas suppliers. Help!! What the heck am I doing wrong?? They tried it, nothing worked for them either. Lady, the regulator is bad doh.gif They replaced it and made sure it is working this time {:-P;;

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Blond Moments
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 11:43:04 AM »
See see, it wasn't you after all.  I do that on the computer all the time. I think it is something I'm doing wrong and turns out it wasn't but some dumb thing on the computer.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:58:17 AM »
Better to have it checked, tanks CAN explode. I'm sure you know this, but just in case, make sure you are not operating around flame or sparks.
Kathy

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 06:03:53 AM »
Glad you are starting to get things resolved with your fish shipping process.  Fustrating when you spend so much time trying to make something work when the whole time the equipment was broken.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"