Author Topic: Skimmer recommendation - Pondmaster Pro 5000 skimmer  (Read 890 times)

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
Skimmer recommendation - Pondmaster Pro 5000 skimmer
« on: August 05, 2008, 06:43:34 AM »
DH and I are at the stage where we need to install the skimmer to our new pond.  I wanted to go the DIY route but he is dead set on paying for one.  We came to a compromise that I'll have my DIY filter and he can have his 'professional' skimmer.   @O@  Anyway, he wants the Pondmaster Pro 5000 skimmer.  I have done some looking on the net but really didn't find much on it (review wise) except it is pricey $$$.  Does anyone have this skimmer?  If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks.

Kuan

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Skimmer recommendation - Pondmaster Pro 5000 skimmer
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 07:39:12 AM »
Don't have a skimmer.  But what I CAN say is, I sure wish I had bought the more-than-twice-as-expensive PondMaster pressurized pond filter, instead of the FishMate and then the Tetra, both of which don't self-clean they way they are reputed to do.  Saturday, I got a chance to see the PondMaster and how it works, and am convinced the PondMaster is better researched, designed, built, etc.

In other words, you get what you pay for.

Offline finnpond

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Skimmer recommendation - Pondmaster Pro 5000 skimmer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:03:24 AM »
 8)

Don't have the Pondmaster, but I'll put a plug in for the Savio Skimmer-Filter.... I've had it for 5 years and not one problem... I picked one up cheap on E-Bay...  They are easy to clean and unobtrusive IMO...  I believe they make a smaller version now also...

Dave

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"