Author Topic: joanna be careful and take care  (Read 871 times)

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
joanna be careful and take care
« on: August 28, 2008, 05:56:29 PM »
i saw in the news that gustav might go toward quintana roo and yucatan so be careful and peopl that lives in norhteast texas an lousiana please take care too, this natural phenomens have had taken lots of strenght these current days so be careful and take care
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Re: jonna be careful and take care
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 08:26:16 PM »
Thanks Howell.  I think we will not be effected except for some heavy rain.  Just in case though, we are driving over to the coast tomorrow (I'm in Merida now where the new house is) and putting up our new hurricane curtain on the ocean/front of the condo.  Luckily, we just got it installed last week so this will be a practice run for us to put it up.  Mainly I hope it keeps some of the water out that always seems to blow under the sliding doors in heavy rain.  You can never tell with hurricanes where they will go very far in advance.  So far though, Gustav seems to be heading for the channel between the Yucatan and Cuba but more towards Cuba.  He could move our way though, this is the time of year when the door opens towards our side of the Caribbean and traditionally most hurricanes that hit us are from now through Nov. 

It does look like he will hit the Gulf coast of the US somewhere between TX and Florida though, I just hope he stays small. 

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: joanna be careful and take care
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »
yeah i do too but heard that he actually moved a lot so he will barely touch the riviera maya, and so i thought of you, but there is still a chance of moving west and so i hope it disapears in the gulf of mexico, i am tired of rain we have had a month of rain, cool everything looks green but it rains dayily i feel like whenever i lived in arkansas lol, and i do feel sick of this, but yeah be careful, and hope i will see merida one day and talk to the funny people over there their spanish accents makes me laugh lol they talk so fast, whenever i go south, as soon as i talk people is like youre from the north right and im like yeah why?, they are like you talk like if you were mad lol haha, so yeah take lots of precautions and cool youre building a house in that beautifu paradise hope we will se some cool pics soon
so is everything all right with the pond builder now, how is that going?
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    • View Profile
Re: joanna be careful and take care
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »
EVERYONE between Houston and New ORleans needs to make plans. The closer to New ORleans, the more urgent. This storm may become a Cat5 before landfall.
That means NO roof can stand. MOST manmade structures will take damage. Any loosely rooted trees will be toppled.

Come on guyz - think of it as a free vacation. :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"