Author Topic: I saw my raccoon last night  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I saw my raccoon last night
« on: August 14, 2008, 04:21:46 AM »
Around 10 pm I flipped on the light by my watonai pond & heard a thump.  Looked up on the fence & there was my masked bandit  :o  Not a big raccoon but not a baby either.  It quickly ran off.  I've been finding broken snail shells every morning & paw prints.  Sometimes the netting over the watonai is pushed around a bit.  Damage  >:(- to some of my plants but nothing horrible lately.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline sushi

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I saw my raccoon last night
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 04:29:12 AM »
I don't know if it's true or not but I have heard the human urine around the area keeps them away.  Do you know any little boys?   lol

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 04:38:01 AM »
Husband has "marked" that area for me & apparently it is not working.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Celia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 05:53:37 AM »
Sorry to hear about raccoon visits, but I just had to laugh at this post.  I had an immediate vision of hundreds of ads being placed for little boys to come de-raccoon ponds.  I hadn't been feeling well, and this made me laugh.    No no Celia not funny.   {nono}
Celia

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
Husband has "marked" that area for me & apparently it is not working.

Maybe DH isn't drinking enough beer!  ;D  Darn if this doesn't work....

>:(- Raccoons!  I need to make time to go to the local sport shop.  They carry BB guns!  :o

Offline Esther

• Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »
We had a pump action BB pistol for the raccoons in Marin, there was a whole family living in my neighbors crawl space.  They'd already cost me $300 in vet bills for my cat.  So, one night Mimi pumps that gun up as far as it would go, about 18 -20 pumps and pops the big male in the rear.  He stands us, grabs his butt, looks up and charged at Mimi!  She came running back in the house so fast.  I was trying not to laugh my head off.   Eventually we went over and repaired the window they were using to get under the neighbors house, she just couldn't handle it.  It took a lot of nights with the BB gun and after that Mimi stayed right by the door.  Eventually, the pups grew up and they all seemed to move back into the park behind us.

Offline sushi

• Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 03:31:03 PM »
Hubby is a good guy  ;)  They're persistent little buggers.  How about a have a heart trap??

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 07:25:48 PM »
Hope you catch the racoon soon.

I have a late night visitor also...for the last couple of nights I've gone out after dark to turn of the water sprinkler...thought it was a cat...yep striped kitty  :-\ :-\ :-\  I sure hope we don't surprise each other some night...I don't have enough 'mator juice to defume this ole girl.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"