Author Topic: Fish are inside, and I'm happy  (Read 2376 times)

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Fish are inside, and I'm happy
« on: October 26, 2008, 05:42:59 PM »
For you folks down south, this doesn't matter, but with winter on the way, it matters to me. It's one of my big jobs, and I got it done. The babies in the fountain pond were easy to catch, and they wernt into the aquarium. The bigger goldfish went into the stock tank. Everyone is happy.  @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@

Bring on the ice @O@ @O@ @O@

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline GarryT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • Zone 2b
  • With us since: 21/08/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Fish are inside, and I'm happy
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:05:10 AM »
I'm with you on that ....mine went indoors a week ago when it was a relatively balmy  8)( for this time of year) 14C  (57F). I'm glad I did as the internal optimist in me is always hoping for more warm weather but the the realist side says "it's going to snow any day now". It was close yesterday with a day time high of 4C (39F) , 40 mph winds and passing rain / sleet showers. It wouldn't of been a pleasant task in that weather. I found lots of new little guys in the pond that I hadn't seen before once the plants were pulled. It was heavily planted & I only got the odd glimpse of the offspring as they tended to keep under cover away from the adults.

I've got 7 adult GFs, 2 shebunkins and 4 gold fan tails and 1 calico fan tail. The youngsters range in colour & size, a few resembling the shebunkins in colour & fin layout but the vast majority are charcoal black with bronze underbelly. None have the "fan tail". I wonder if the black ones will change colour?

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 08:57:57 PM »
Lucky fish you have Steve, mine are all hunkering down for the cold winter.  I came home from work today and the little upper pond had a leaf stuck in the gravity feed back to the main pond, and the water had over flowed the top and the pump in the main pond was sucking air the water was so low.  Fish got lots of fresh water and I think the water from the well was probably warmer then that in the pond!!  Bet you are relieved you don't have to worry about the pond in the winter.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline EagleEye

• Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 07:38:10 PM »
Marla,

The first year of my pond, I overwintered them in the pond, against my daughters opinions, killed them all. Won't do that again. Now they are very happy inside and I have nothing to worry about outside.

Your fish are lucky to get well water, but with your big beautiful fish, I'd worry too much.

Here are where the big guys (relatively speaking) live.
I've got a dustpan waterfall and an airaetor in the other end.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:44:02 PM »
That jade trunk is huge. I lost mine to an ex wife years ago. Never replaced it. Replaced the ex though.

Offline EagleEye

• Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »
Damn, Reddad, sure hate to loose a good plant ;)

Steve

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 08:34:55 PM »
Nice setup,  would be nice if I could bring all mine in, I do worry about then all winter.  Does your Jade bloom, mine started to a couple years ago.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline EagleEye

• Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »
I just got this jade a few weeks ago. It's a branch off of her BIG jade.

that would be very cool if it did. But I'll tell you one thing, it's in a perfect spot. southern windows, very cool at night.
Just like hers.

Steve

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"