Author Topic: wakin pictures  (Read 2038 times)

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
wakin pictures
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:39:39 PM »
Had to clean the wakin pond because of bullfrog tadpoles. There were more tadpoles than fish.

These were some of my favorites.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:40:59 PM by tracey_shafer »

Offline sushi

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: wakin pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 03:27:26 AM »
very cute!  and so fat  :)

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 06:08:38 PM »
I love them all.....if i could i would make my pond the size of the olympic pool.  lol   ... lorraine
lorraine

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 09:32:46 PM »
That is the great thing about wakins they don't need the great big body of water that koi do. I have my breeders in a great big pond and I wish I could split it 3 ways.

Offline lorraine1960

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 11:05:45 AM »
want to sell any?? lorraine
lorraine

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 12:23:22 PM »
I just had some listed on e-bay, sold the 2 most expensive ones and did not sell the other 3 listed. I am working on my own web site so I do not have to pay the e-bay fees.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »
You've got some really great looking fish & I wish you success with your website sales.  This is probably the wrong time of year to be selling pond fish & you'll probably do better in the springtime.  Although it is better to ship right now with the temps not so hot or cold.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Philly Bill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2007
    • View Profile
    • Big Puddle
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 07:02:36 AM »
You've got some really great looking fish & I wish you success with your website sales.  This is probably the wrong time of year to be selling pond fish & you'll probably do better in the springtime.  Although it is better to ship right now with the temps not so hot or cold.

I just attended a pond seminar with API, and they said that fish are strongest in the fall because they are fully fattened for the winter, the water temperature is perfect for their immune systems, the water quality benefits from a fully cycled filter, and stress from high temperatures (low oxygen, high CO2, toxic ammonia) is not present. Spawning season is usually over as well.

In the spring, the fish have been torpid for months, the water temperature supports parasite and harmful bacteria growth before the immune system gets fully cranked up, and the filter is cycling up from the winter.

Most people like to buy in the spring because it is cheaper to buy fish small and grow them. Also, that is when the pond bug hits, and it is when many people install a new pond.
Bill Jordan
Small Urban Ponder
phillyrover.wordpress.com

Offline lorraine1960

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 05:30:11 PM »
well let me know ..how big and how much..and when u will have your site up..i would like to buy them now while they are fat...  lol     lorraine
lorraine

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"