Author Topic: Excellent article on Barbaro  (Read 1222 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Excellent article on Barbaro
« on: October 12, 2006, 10:36:26 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/horses/2006-10-10-barbaro-cover-story_x.htm

For those of you who don't wish to read the article, the gist is that against all odds, he continues to improve. The broken leg is essentially healed but the hoof with Laminitis must regrow before he can leave the ICU at New Bolton. He continues to be led outside to graze daily and is in excellent spirits.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Re: Excellent article on Barbaro
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 11:45:49 AM »
That's good news. He's a lucky horse and I hope he has a good life after he heals.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »
I'm sure he will. Whether it be breeding stallion or yard ornament. I'm sure the Jackson's will never get rid of him.
An undefeated winner of the Kentucky Derby doesn't come around every day. Of course, he is worth millions at stud on his own accomplishments and because his daddy has been having a lot of success lately, they just raised his stud fee significantly for next year.

There has also been 1.2 million dollars raised in his name to go towards medical research/care of other horses at New Bolton. 

There are groups using Barbaro's name (with the blessing of the Jackson's ) buying horses at auctions that were going to slaughter too and also lobbying Congress to close the three foreign owned slaughter houses in the US and there are bracelets being sold that benefit horse rescue/medical research.

He is a very lucky horse but no matter what happens his high profile case is benefitting other horses of all breeds.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 08:44:03 AM by LeeAnne151 »
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 03:47:18 AM »
Oh good. Thanks for the reminder. With all the hubbub in my life, I had forgotten about him.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"