Author Topic: american accents  (Read 874 times)

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
american accents
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:40:03 PM »
ok found a site on internet where you can actually go and know your english accent, so i did and it said i has 45%oh general american english, then 35% yankee, 10% dixie  o(:-), and 10% midwestern
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: american accents
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:16:57 AM »
I love accents - always find them interesting.

A few years back, my parents were over from South Africa on holiday, and we did a week trip to Mexico City, Taxco, and Acapulco. While visiting Teotihuacan, a school group came up, an English class as it turns out. They were asking tourists to record a few sentences, and try to chat with them for a few minutes. My mom loves this kind of thing, and waxed poetic, but her accent was not what these kids were expecting, or used to, and I could just see the look of confusion and embarrasment on their little faces as they sought to politely escape.

That's a recording I'm sure they played over and over again in class.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: american accents
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:27:24 AM »
yeah i am pretty sure, whenever i talked to them in english too, is like they barely understand what i say,
because they are used to people talking with a real bad spanish accent, and people that say the words the way they are actually written, and well i love accents too is like so cool, we in school having been talking about spanish accents, and it is so interesting.
and about the record i'm pretty sure they didnt understand a bit of it lol, haha jk
i want to go to guadalaara again i just found out that they have a biggo water lily nursery i will post pics later
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"