Author Topic: Picture storage site  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Picture storage site
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »
Is there a free picture storage site like Photobucket? I have something wierd going on with my computer and I can't download to  Photobucket. I don't know if it is me or them.

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Picture storage site
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 05:43:32 PM »
go to imageshack.us if you just want to upload to show here, but otherwise if you want a free storage site, well then get a facebook  :D  lol
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Esther

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 07:06:14 AM »
Smarty.  The joke is that I can't get into my Facebook either. I emailed them about it but haven't gotten an answer. Their system doesn't recognize my email address, my user name, or my password. But when I did a people search on my name, there I was.

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 03:49:17 AM »
Smarty.  The joke is that I can't get into my Facebook either. I emailed them about it but haven't gotten an answer. Their system doesn't recognize my email address, my user name, or my password. But when I did a people search on my name, there I was.

That's odd...must be a glitch.  I had a problem like that with my brother's facebook account.  Sometimes it would find him in the search and sometimes not.

Well, if you are sure it isn't something with your computer, or internet connection, you could always open a "shutterfly.com" account.  It is also a website that alllows you to print the digital photos, share photos with friends, and act as storage.  One caveat....you might have to print or order photos at least once every year (or maybe its 6 months) to avoid them shutting your account down. 
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 04:00:08 AM »
Just thought of something...maybe someone else on facebook has a similar user name as yours or the same one which is why facebook is not recognizing your email, user, pw etc.  I had that happen to me once at a different site.  Someone else was able to set up a user id that had my exact initials/user id name and all of a sudden I could not access my account because it wasn't recognizing my email or pw.  I eventually had to change my user id and create a new account.
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 06:36:04 AM »
Mikey suggested that because I have been having a problem with a virus, maybe Photobucket and Facebook's sites recognize I am still infected and they won't allow anything to download from my computer. Norton doesn't seem to be able to fix my problem. I tried to download another virus search/fix program but it said I had to get rid of my Norton before it would load. I think I bought that Norton program but it was downloaded online rather than from a CD so if I delete it, it's gone, right?

I suspect if these two sites won't allow me to upload to them, other picture storage sites won't either. Does that make sense?

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 10:55:34 AM »
I had a problem with a virus a while back, but the only internet problems I had were with secure sites (you know the ones that say https:\\ or have a padlock).  Go to microsoft.com and try the onecare (? I think) scan.  It should help.  I found it by searching their site for virus scan.  That one will work with other programs.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 04:14:58 PM »
Thanks. I did that and it tells me there's no problems but there still is something going on.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »
Try going into your Internet Options and delete all your Temporary Internet files.  The virus I had was on one of those.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 05:31:42 AM »
Yes, that's good advice.  Lots of little bugs hide in your temp files.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"