Author Topic: 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE  (Read 1749 times)

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
« on: September 11, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
Has anybody ever made this ? MY sister send this recepie to me & I don't eat cake  thought ya'll would like to try something diffrent. ;D

bonnie

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
>
> 1 Coffee Mug
> 4 tablespoons cake flour (thatʼs plain flour, not self-raising)
> 4 tablespoons sugar
> 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
> 1 egg
> 3 tablespoons milk
> 3 tablespoons oil
> 3 tablespoons chocolate chips(optional)
> a small splash of vanilla essence
>
> Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well
> Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
> Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
> Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla essence, and mix again.
> Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but donʼt be alarmed!
> Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
> EAT! (this can serve 2)
> And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
>
Put a plate under the mug for over flow .

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:04:29 PM »
Well, the week is already blown so \I'll test this for you :)

Sounds interesting :|)
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
Well, there goes the diet. Just add chocolate syrup when it is done and TADA! Instant thunder thighs. lol

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 07:03:57 AM »
Never heard of that before but I'm going out in the kitchen right away and try it. I'll let you know. Seeing I already have thunder thighs, what can a little more hurt.

Well either I wasn't hungry enough or didn't do something right or something. I did change it a bit though. The mug looked pretty full to expect it to rise and not go all over the place so I divided the batter and put it in two 6 ounce ramekins. The finished product was about the size of a large cupcake. I used maybe a couple of tablespoons of chocolate chips. I sprayed buttery flavored spray on the containers  before putting the batter in them. I microwaved them 2 minutes instead of 3. When I tested them with a toothpick, they were done. I thought the chocolate was a little strong but next time, I'd either use less cocoa or use baking chocolate. And next time I'd put one/half of those lunch size chocolate puddings in and then the batter for a pudding cake. My ramekins didn't run over so the size was perfect but the baked batter was rather moist/rubbery. I suppose that is the effect of the microwave instead of the oven. I'd like to try this recipe in the toaster oven though. It's a nice size for two large servings or 3 small and you don't have a whole 9 x 13 pan left over to stare you in the face.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:48:28 AM by Esther »

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 08:27:33 AM »
Interesting idea. The reason the cake is very moist and rubbery is because the proportions of egg to the other ingredients is so high. I would leave out the milk, replace the oil with a bit of butter, beat the egg white stiff. add a teaspoon of Creme de cacao or Kahlua, fold the beaten egg white into the other ingredients and make a mini souffle. I don't know if you can bake souffles in a microwave though.
I would serve it with fresh raspberries.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
Esther: In my world there is no such thing as 'too much chocolate' or 'too strong chocolate'.  :no:

No one should says such things! It's Blasphemy in these here parts!  {nono}
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 12:56:46 PM »
 lol  AND I've never had a cake stare me in the face and live to tell about it either!!   lol
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 02:10:23 PM »
You guys!!!  {nono}  Guess I'm partial to more of a milk chocolate flavor. This was a dark chocolate. But that is easy to adjust to taste. Another thing, it didn't have any baking soda or baking powder in it so that may be another thing that made it rubbery. It did rise about 3/8 of an inch though. Maybe I'll go web surfing and see if there are microwave cake recipes out there to compare.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 02:19:09 PM »
I found all kinds of recipes to bake in the microwave. A lot of them called for either a special purchased microwave cake mix or sometimes to use a regular box mix. Here's one that would make a teacher's gift or a fun way to give someone a new mug.

1 cake mix any flavor
1 ( 4 serving size) instant pudding mix , any flavor

Blend ingredients well until completely mixed. Measure ½ cup dry mix into sandwich bags, Makes 8-9) & tie it closed using ribbon.

Flavors:

Lemon cake mix- lemon pudding
Yellow cake mix- vanilla pudding
Devils food cake mix- chocolate pudding
Pineapple cake mix- coconut pudding
Butterscotch cake mix- butterscotch pudding

Glaze mix : In a separate bag combine the following ingredients:
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 ½ tsp dry flavoring
( ex. powdered lemonade mix, powdered orange breakfast drink mix, cocoa powder)

In a large coffee mug place a Cake Mix & a glaze mix and attach a tag with the instructions for cooking. (You can also attach a small wire whisk using raffia or a ribbon, etc).

To Use:

Grease or spray coffee mug with cooking spray. Empty Cake Mix into mug and add 1 egg white, 1 T. Oil & 1 T water. Blend with fork until smooth. Place in microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes.
While cake is cooking add 1 ½ tsp water to glaze mix in baggie. Close and gently rub baggie until glaze is smooth. When cake is done, remove from microwave, cut a small hole in the corner of glaze packet and apply glaze to your mug cake.
Eat while warm!

Other Help Items:

If you want to make the packets easier for the recipient add a couple teaspoons of Just Whites egg replacement powder to each individual packet or Cake "mix". & On directions tag add an additional 1 T water to recipe & omit egg white from recipe

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 05:46:54 PM »
you guys are great !!!! we all need a badunkadunk butt lol  lorraine
lorraine

Offline bunny56lbc

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 06:37:49 PM »
That looks good , Esther ! And I don't eat cake  ...don't even like it  {nono}

bonnie

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 04:42:56 AM »
Ester I did the search also and found the same recipes.

I tried a German Chocolate Cake Mix with a Coconut Pudding.  Mixed it together in a zip loc bag.  Then I took out 1 cup of the MIX and added 1 well beaten egg with 5 Tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon on oil. 

I mixed it as a regular cake and divided it between 4 ramakins and added about a tablespoon of choc chips and some pecans to the top of each one.  I chickened out and baked in the oven.  I put hot cocoa mix with the powered sugar for the glaze. 

This make a very moist cake with no whole cake looking me in the eye.  A box of mix makes enough for 3 batches of 4 cakes.  Snap on the lids for the extra cakes for later.

YUM  DH isn't normally a cake fan...he liked this.  It got more moist after a day also.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 01:53:32 PM »
Sue, that sounds good. Maybe I'll go out and bake something. I have been dieting and lost 20 pounds but fell off the wagon a while back and can't seem to find it again. Dh is doing well and lost 20 also. He does better than me but is much more active. Somehow machine embroidery just doesn't call for much movement. I'll blame Bonnie for this regression.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
I'll blame Bonnie for this regression.

Opp's sorry.....well maybe not.... {:-P;;
 lol lol lol

bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"