Author Topic: Can someone identify this water lily?  (Read 867 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Can someone identify this water lily?
« on: September 18, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »
I was given three big clumps of this from the same people that gave me the banana tree. They don't know which one it is, it was there when they bought the house. There was like fifteen water lilies in all in those three big clumps including three nuts that had baby water lilies on them. This was the first time that it has bloomed since I got it. I put the two biggest plants in my pond, three smaller plants in my wife's pond, gave a few away, and still have the three nuts and a baby or two in the potting shed in a bucket of water. It's pure white.

Also, I would like to know how to pollinate it so it will produce a seed pod.

Happy ponding,
Scott o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone identify this water lily?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »
Could be one of severl white night bloomers judging by the leaves.  I would just call it Pondmanin white.

Offline rdrboone

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone identify this water lily?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:32:27 PM »
The leaf looks like "Trudy Slocum" a wonderful night blooming white lily.
Ruth
Ruth

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"