Author Topic: lily ponds  (Read 816 times)

Offline andi_mn

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 04/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
lily ponds
« on: October 02, 2008, 04:52:35 PM »
now that the 'season' is pretty much over here in minnesota, we all start dreaming and planning next years projects.
(ok, so we dont really wait before planning a new pond or gardening project). i am wondering how many of you have above ground lily ponds. and if you have above ground lily ponds, how many have above ground ponds with liners?
if you live in a northern climate (zone 4) and have an above ground liner pond, how does the liner weather the winters? do you leave water in your pond through the winter. its all this sites' fault. i bought lilies from kat and now i will need someplace besides my in ground fish pond to put them in. oh darn. also, i have to bring in all my hardy waterlilies so i could have trops too, right?
oh, i'm in so much trouble.
missing my pond already and still have to catch & release frogs and catch and move the fish to the basement...and pull my lilies. you know its work but i love my pond.
andi

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: lily ponds
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 08:28:48 PM »
Hey Andi, Kat also brought me over to the other side  ;D  Gotta love her lilies!  o(:-)

I do not have to move my trops or hardies in the winter but there are many on AP with the same situation as yours and ponds similar to your design who can better recommend what you can do.  Keep on ponding!

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: lily ponds
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »
I have all above ground ponds. A system of lined wooden troughs and stock tanks. Each section has different kinds of fish and plants. The good thing is, I'm in Florida where tropicals will over-winter in the pond and frogs find somewhere to hide.

Happy ponding,
Scott o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"