Author Topic: My fish photos!!  (Read 897 times)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My fish photos!!
« on: September 29, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
Here are my 3 largest fish. Orange and Orange/black are Koi, the other is a Catfish that I had caught out fishing in early spring -it was only 4 inches long so I brought it home and tossed it into the pond - well now it is as big as my Koi (12-14 inches). The catfish stayed hidden all summer and after the cleanout this weekend we removed alot of hiding places. Kind of took me by surprise this afternoon when I spotted him in there!!! o( o(:-)

This is some of my Shubunkins, Koi and Goldfish. Another surprise is one of the goldfish turned dark over the summer.
I kinow I am a negelectful mommy - I didnt go out much in the heat of summer to do other than feed and clean filter. Another surprise was one little bitty black fish (1 inch) swimming arround!!! o(   I know the shubunkins or Koi were spawning this spring (foamy water), but I didnt expect much to come out of it. And with the cleaning we did yesterday with the wetvac I am surprised any fish were left!! One of the gold fish was found swimming in the wetvac tank -its just fine!! Just went for a ride!!!

Lori TX

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My fish photos!!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
There are always surprises in ponding.   :D  Your fish look very healthy.  I like the long fins.  o(

Interesting putting a catfish you caught into the pond.  I would try it except I rather have more colorful fish.  The catfish would be very dificult to see in my pond.

Since July 4th my shubs were placed in a new pond...well they got busy and now we have many babes of different sizes swimming around.  Some even made it into the skimmer, not good.

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 05:23:52 PM »

One of the gold fish was found swimming in the wetvac tank -its just fine!! Just went for a ride!!!

I can somehow imagine that little sucker traveling throught the wet vac.  Sort of like Finding Nemo.   ;D

I have a black and orange koi like yours. 
Alfonso

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 05:51:43 PM »
They are all pretty healthy!  We did have a run in with a Heron in the spring that took some scales off the Black/orange Koi. But he healed up fast, can hardly tell where he got bit. I guess I must have done something right setting up my system. I never had a high reading on any of my water tests, even when I let too much time go between filter cleanings.

The black/orange Koi is named NEMO.  Orange Koi is ZOE.  I have grandsons who watch too much TV. Zoe 101 / Finding Nemo. They picked out those Koi.

Other fish are not named. I am sure the Catfish will eventually get a name. Probably let my DAD name him, he drools over my fish pond!!! Not because its a fish pond, he wants to FISH in my Pond!!!

Turtle is Jack, my 10 yr old grandson is the first person to see him in the pond, so got to name him.
Lori TX

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"