Author Topic: will be eliminating one pond next year  (Read 961 times)

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
will be eliminating one pond next year
« on: October 21, 2008, 09:23:06 AM »
My inground pond will be filled in.  Keeping it will require a cash infusion to repair/replace older equipment and I just do not have the time and money to take care of two ponds at the farm and my own yard in town.  The lilies will go into the above ground pond which is easier to deal with come spring start up and fall shut down.  I'll add a bit more filtering in that pond and that will be that.  I don't even remember when I built my first pond, but my interests are changing and lack of time isn't helping so I made this decission.  The lilies seem to do better in the above ground pond anyway so the display will ultimately be nicer.  The inground pond, once filled, will carry on with the rock garden/tufa theme.

And end of one era for me.

Bart

Offline tenuki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: will be eliminating one pond next year
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »
That is an end of an era.  I remember you from forums for quite awhile and always enjoyed your posts.  However, I do understand your feelings.  Sometimes it just gets to be too much.  I love my pond but the time, money and effort (oftentimes fruitless) gets to a point where you have to make that decision.  I don't have the heart to fill mine in so I put my house up for sale instead.  BAD TIMING.  Hopefully, someone will continue my countless hours of labor.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: will be eliminating one pond next year
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 06:18:56 PM »
Totaly understand your decision also, someday I'll be there also.  It does require some work, and I tend to do more then lots of people.  I will keep them till I get to old or sell.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"