Author Topic: Saw the little boy yesterday.  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Saw the little boy yesterday.
« on: November 03, 2008, 08:08:16 AM »
We dropped Ian off at his house yesterday and went in for a while. Braeden was in good spirits and happy to see us. He was zooming around like nothing was wrong. But he's so skinny they can't keep his pants up. His face was quite white and reddish around his somewhat sunken eyes. He came out to give me a piece of his Halloween candy and when he left the kitchen I couldn't help but burst into tears. Kevin says they joke about their African refugee child. But he does seem to be asking for food a bit more, even though he wants strange things at strange times. The other day, he wanted a blueberry waffle with salami. So that is what Dawn gave him. LOL. About an hour and half later he was asking about lunch. He wanted salami, chips and cheese. The doctor/surgeon says he is not surprised with the slow intestinal comeback. He says it's no wonder since they keep messing with his "intestinal soul".

HE is scheduled for many tests and the MIGB the 11,12, & 13th at University of Michigan hospital. He will be radioactive afterwards so everything is carefully contained in lead containers and he will be restrained to a lead cubicle/room. He can have visitors but they can't go into the cubicle. All his body wastes, bedding, or anything he has touched or come out of him has to be disposed of in a special way. If he takes a toy in, it either doesn't leave with him or has to remain encased in plastic. They advised that if the child has a huggy toy, that the parent buy two of them, so one remains at home. HE isn't supposed to snuggle with anyone for any length of time when he gets home and not to go near the baby for a couple of weeks. I know, you are wondering how they'll pull this off. I have asked the same question but have no answer.

Dawn and Kevin both are going there and I'll stay with Ian and Eliana. If Pete doesn't have to work, maybe we'll work on the unfinished "finished" basement a bit. There is one bedroom that is shy two sheets of drywall and a couple doors. The large family room is mudded and taped but not painted. So maybe we'll get some drywall primer too.

They have heard from the Make a Wish Foundation and are shooting for a February trip to Disney. I sure hope it all works out. I would think that it would be important to take Grandpa and Grandma with them, don't you?

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Saw the little boy yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:12:36 AM »
Thanks for the update Esther.  Braeden's a little trooper.  We are continuing to pray for him.  Why of course gramma and gramps should go along to visit Mickey & friends  O0
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 10:16:52 AM »
Thanks for the update, Esther.  I'm glad Braeden is getting his appetite back.  Hopefully he'll put some more weight back on now.  And yes, grandma and grandpa should go to Disney, too.   O0

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »
Thanks for the update, Esther.  Good grieve!!!  Thay boy has gone through so much.  No wonder he is so skinny.  But good thing he has a great spirit and now wanting to eat, albeit a big strange to eat salami with waffle but whatever works!!!

More P&PT to Braeden and family.  Praying that everything will go smoothly!!

Kuan

Offline ponderer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 03:08:58 PM »
 :)Happy feelings for YOU!

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 05:51:19 PM »
Thanks for the update, Esther !
It would be nice if grandma & pa could go with them .

Keeping them in my prayers .

bonnie

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 06:19:48 PM »
Good to hear he is enjoying himself, and eating more.  Thanks for keeping us informed, my thoughts are with you always. 

Hugs,

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »
Waffles and salami isn't weird.  O0

WHatever stuffs calories in the child, I'd do. You can always give him vitamins. :)

Gotta love the enthusiasm of youth.  o(:-)

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 06:28:24 PM »
Thanks for the update, and yes Grandmas and Grandpas should be on the top of the bring with list as it's always nice to have a sitter for an evening away, or someone else for the little ones to ask for something when mom and dad say no.......and it will be lots warmer there then in MI in Feb. 
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"