Author Topic: When my kids were young  (Read 862 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
When my kids were young
« on: November 09, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »
every Sunday night after church I would make microwave caramel corn. I happened to think of it tonight and thought I'd try it again. This recipe card is all stained and yellowed, it is so old.

First pop 3 quarts of salted (optional) popcorn and put in a large paper grocery bag.

Combine in a 1 quart saucepan:
1/4 Cup Corn Syrup
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 stick margarine
Bring to a full rolling boil. Stir after 2 minutes and boil a total of 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Stir well. Pour over popcorn in the bag. Shake very well. Fold top down and put in microwave. Process on high for 1 minute, take out and shake bag well. Process 1 minute and shake bag well. Process 1 minute and shake bag well. Process 30 seconds and shake bag well. Process again 30 seconds and shake bag well. Pour caramel corn on cookie sheet to cool.

I know, you're worried about the bag catching on fire. I thought of that and it has never happened to me. But I still stayed right by the microwave and watched closely. I've wondered if you could put peanuts in there with it but they might burn. I don't know. Enjoy

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: When my kids were young
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 05:07:46 AM »
Mmmmmm, sounds good...love carmel corn, I'm going to have to try it.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: When my kids were young
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 05:57:49 AM »
Do people use regular popcorn anymore instead of microwave popped corn? Anyway, I popped my corn on top of the stove. Using the microwave corn would make it rather expensive I would think. I have never tried to pop corn in the microwave that wasn't in prepackaged bags meant for that. I suppose a person could microwave the brown sugar butter mixture too if they knew how long it took.

I Googled microwave popcorn and ended up on the Instructables site. (A very interesting place for you DIY people) Here's the link http://www.instructables.com/id/Microwave-Popcorn:-Home-made,-cheap-and-easy/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 06:01:21 AM by Esther »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"