Author Topic: Cleaning House  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Cleaning House
« on: November 05, 2008, 06:21:27 AM »
I feel like cleaning house today - literally. Sweeping out all the dust bunnies and accumulated junk that might be useful some day.
Pretty remarkable for someone with no useful domestic credentials.
Its a lot of work, but needed to make way for a change - to make space for new dust bunnies and accumlated junk that might be useful some day. :)

Last night was a remarkable event in the history of the United States. But there is a lot of work to do and the result is far from certain to be a change.

Offline Roark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Click2Roark
Re: Cleaning House
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:26:44 AM »
Pssst!  End-of-the-World Warning: 
When Savannah suddenly gets domestically inclined, it's time for everyone to be very, very afraid!!! :)
You're just jealous because the Voices only talk to me...

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:20:42 AM »
I agree Roark.  lol
I think it's freudian in some way.  ;)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:44:10 AM »
Hey Savannah, are you still coming to Merida tomorrow?  I have it in my calendar and we are heading back over there on the 7th, so we'll be around if you want to get together. 

It's a good day for cleaning, I'm busy moving all the accumulated books and other unnecessary stuff out of the RV.  The real reason is that I can't find some tax papers but in the process of looking I'm pulling stuff out and not putting it back.   Of course, whatever I remove from the RV I will want in a week when we are living in it again.  You can't win on that one.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:58:19 PM »
Pssst!  End-of-the-World Warning: 
When Savannah suddenly gets domestically inclined, it's time for everyone to be very, very afraid!!! :)

lol lol lol lol lol

not one of my favorite job's either...

bonnie

Offline Roark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/05/2008
    • View Profile
    • Click2Roark
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 06:12:16 PM »
Hey Savannah, are you still coming to Merida tomorrow?  I have it in my calendar and we are heading back over there on the 7th, so we'll be around if you want to get together. 

Jonna;

Savannah and I were *supposed* to come that direction, and were looking HUGELY forward to it, but fate intervened.  We got out of a 3-week trial on Tuesday, Nov 4... and we're absolutely wiped. We went from hurricane to trial... without a break. I think the last time I really slept was Sept 13th, so between the wreckage at the office and the sheer exhaustion factor, I don't think we're going anywhere except perhaps to our beds. :)

But DANGED if Meridia doesn't look good in the travel guides!!!!  (Care for some company in a month or two?)

Roark
You're just jealous because the Voices only talk to me...

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 07:25:04 PM »
Sunbeam, I feel your pain. We had relatives blow in the other day on short notice. Nothing like that kind of pressure to get the house-cleaning done.  ;) Dust bunnies galore, toilets, towels, kids bedrooms, kitchen, hallways... toys everywhere, etc. By the time they rolled in we were completely exhausted. Even with all that, I still suspect they think we're filthy animals... cuz after they left I realized that I forgot to change the finger towels in the powder room (!!! major mistake, especially after three bottles of wine. Where did those clean towels go anyway?  ;D), and they were all yuked up with my kid's mud. Yay for kids. And mud.

We were able to walk freely about the house for about two days. Now the toys are back, beckoning us to break our necks. Sure was nice while it lasted.  :)

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Sunbeam56

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »
When my kids were young - the rule was: If soap and water can fix it, its not a problem. :)

So now, I need to reupholster everything when the child is off to college.  lol

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 12:58:51 AM »
Bummer that you aren't coming but I do understand. I had a 'sleep' day on the 7th and we didn't get here until the 8th.  We had the annual owners meeting of our condo building and I never look forward to those.  So, at the dinner afterwards I had about 3 (well, maybe 4) glasses of wine and I hadn't had a drink in months. I didn't think I was really drunk, and the restaurant was next door to our condo so I didn't have to go far, but the next day I could not get moving. I just kept going back to sleep. I took about 4 naps that took up most of the day and then went to bed around 8pm and slept all night!  I've been severely limiting alcohol intake because I'm really trying to lose weight and those are some empty calories.  I guess I lost my tolerance.   We had to be here by 7:30 on the 8th for a dinner party at some friend's house and we pulled the RV into the park about 6:30, showered, dressed, fed the dogs and were actually on time!  Yes, I had a couple glasses of wine at the dinner party too! I've decided I need to keep my tolerance up.  I felt fine today. 

Roarke, you are both welcome here whenever you can come down.  It is a beautiful city, I'm biased but it really is.  With any luck our house will be done - now we are hoping for Christmas. 

Offline Sunbeam56

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 03:40:26 PM »
We preach tolerance  lol or keeping your tolerance up.
And we practice what we preach.  @O@

We'll make it someday, soon. :)
Loved the photos of your new ponds.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"