Author Topic: Veterans Day  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Veterans Day
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:14:33 PM »
My salute goes to the many men and women who have served one way or another in our armed services. Thanks also go out to the many families and friends who have surrendered a loved one who gave the utmost gift, their lives, in our country's service. Blessings to those who have supported and continue to support our service men over the years. Thank you.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Veterans Day
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
Well said Esther... as a MIL, a Sister, a Cousin and so called Adopted Mom to Service men and women I will second that.  They all deserve our deepest appreciation, support, and prayers.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:36:59 PM »
I love it when people show their support.  It means so much.  Veterans and current troops welcome that. 
Alfonso

Offline ladybug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:15:52 AM »
i agree completely.  it would be nice if the "holiday" veterans day were celebrated as such like in the old days.  it went by like a blip on the screen, what was that??  people take so much for granted today.  don't get me started.  i think that society as a whole (not everyone of course) is incredibly selfish and is only in it for what the get out of it.  we have so much and expect so much more to come to us. getting off the soapbox now. :thinking:
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 08:30:58 AM »
Ditto what everyone said.   O0  I forgot to take the flag down yesterday and I woke up this morning to see our flag basking in the morning sun while gently dancing to the tune of a light breeze. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »
Well said Esther , many thanks for all those men and women who have served one way or another in our armed services and given their live's so that we may live in a free country .

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bonnie

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »
You all said it all.  I couldn't hang my flag yesterday  :'(, it was raining.

But they were in my thoughts and prayers, which they are everyday not just yesterday.  Hopefully one day soon, there will peace and they will all get to come home.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"