Author Topic: Excellent customer service from Moen  (Read 802 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Excellent customer service from Moen
« on: November 19, 2008, 12:53:51 PM »
We bought a Moen kitchen faucet back in 1999. Last year the handle broke and they promptly sent out a new handle as they are warranted for life. Last week the nozzle stopped spraying and Bob was unable to fix it and we also noticed it was leaking out the bottom under the sink.

They offered to send out new parts right away but also offered that if we paid shipping of $49.00 they would send us a brand new faucet that is a much newer model free.

I looked it up and it is a faucet that retails for over $200.00 so I took their offer.

We bought the original on sale at a now closed chain of stores and it may have been discontinued already at the time.

I thought this was excellent customer service and thought I'd share.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Excellent customer service from Moen
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:18:32 PM »
DH is a plumber and I read your post to him. He said he wasn't surprised as he knew of the warranty and they are known to stand by their products.

My stepmom recently had a problem with a Moen shower faucet. She called in a friend to look at it and he must have tried to fix it with a part from another brand. And had paid for it. When Pete heard of the problem, he said, "What, you paid for a Moen part to repair it?" Then we found out that the part didn't work and it wasn't a Moen part. Eventually the other guy got his act together and went to a regular plumbing supply house and got the right part and everything is fine now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 02:22:17 PM by Esther »

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
Re: Excellent customer service from Moen
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 03:44:49 PM »
 O0 It's nice to know there are places left that stand up to their promises and products.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"