Author Topic: more mikes pics.  (Read 1349 times)

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
more mikes pics.
« on: November 23, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »
here's a pic of one of my test beds. the date on this pic is obviously wrong
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:39:36 PM by turtlemike »

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
more pics for you
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 07:47:31 PM »
James brydon

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: more mikes pics.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 09:10:14 PM »
stunning!  Love your ponds.  What part of WV.  ky/wv border here.  want to guess beckley but so much of wv is mountains you could be anywhere :) again realllly enjoy your pictures!

tinkster

Offline casey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/12/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 09:13:11 PM »
I would love to know if you fertilize, how often, how much and with what, ie. 10-26-10 fertilizer numbers.  Are your lilies planted in pots or the bottom of the pond?  You have beautiful lilies and neat ponds.

Casey

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 03:54:51 AM »
BEAUTIFUL !
What are the lilies in the frist picture ?
Jame's Brydon is one of my favorite (sp?) hardies..... o(:-)
Thank you for shareing !

bonnie

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
Beautiful!! You have some happy lilies. :)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »
Hi everybody, thanks again for all of the WOWS and other forms of apreciation.    Very few people untill now have seen my ponds.   I've been basicly the only one apreciating them for 8 years now so it's nice to be able to share the wealth with others who feel like I do about lilys and nice ponds.   The lilys in the first pic on this thread are seedlings of mine being evaluated before being selected to be breeders or contenders or culls.     Even the run of the mill plants are beautyfull with slight variations on the color theme and petal shape.     I hate to have to kill any of them, except for a few.   I'll post pics of some of my contenders and breeders and a few r.o.t.m. , run of the mill plants on another thread.  My big pond is very low fertility and I have very few plants in pots.   In the spring every thing is dark green and growing and blooming good but eventualy all of the spike rushes amd mints and water chestnuts, waterlilys etc. ect. use up any available nutrients from last year and start to get light green .  At this point I take about 10 lbs. of three parts amonium nitrate and one part triple super phosphate which I brodcast UNDER the leaves.   I say that about half gets disolved and half settles around the roots and penetrates the soil.  This causes a slight greening of the water  and all of the lilys green up even if I didnt spread any around them.   After a week or 2 the water clears and all's well for the rest of the year.  No surface water ,or any water flows into these ponds, only rain.    O yea tinkster I'm between charlston and huntington wv near hamlin.                Mike.    O yea again, there are more of my pics on the "do snails harm baby waterlilies" thread in case you mised them.     Mike again.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 05:34:47 PM »
Very Beautiful!  Love the mass of blooms of one color arrangements.  My pond is way too small but I still get in as many different color lilies as I can  :D

Almost forgot to say Thank You for sharing your pond with us. 

Offline EagleEye

• Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
Mike,
to have you show up with those ponds full of lilies is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool 8) 8)

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 05:54:15 PM »
In total awe and envy......like being in heaven......thanks so much for posting, as a frozen northerner it's so nice to see blooms even if online and I know they are from earlier in the year.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"