Author Topic: Testimonials on TV - China Bans Them!  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Testimonials on TV - China Bans Them!
« on: March 10, 2009, 02:00:12 PM »
As a follow up to my other post, I heard this on the Dr. Dean Edell radio show the other day.  (Fabulous medical show, BTW, Google it and tune in if you can).

Don't remember all the details 'cause my note paper is already in the recycle bin.  But China has banned any TV commercial with an actor portraying any sort of "medical person" wearing a white coat.  Such actors pushing phony remedies have lead to two known deaths in China.  Something about harsh punishment for advertisers who fail to comply... and then I thought I heard Dr. Dean say that China, known for it's no-nonsense approach to law enforcement, executed two of the people responsible for the Melamine in pet food mess.

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Testimonials on TV - China Bans Them!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 03:43:33 PM »
I have seen stories in the past where Chinese company officials were executed after horrific events.

I can't say I am entirely unsympathetic with that approach in today's economy.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:41:21 AM »
It is true that the Chinese government has the no-nonsense approach to law enforement.  They don't feel that it is necessary to feed the mass murderers (in the cases of contaminated milk for babies which cause kidney problems or failures and the cases of Melamin in pet food which caused thousands of animals to suffer which in turn caused their human counterparts lots of grieves) for the next 20 years and let them waste tons of $$ to appeal their cases.  The bad guys get executed very quickly especially in cases where the international media was all over.

In China, people are afraid to get involved with the police or government because of the harsh punishment.  But there are people who still try their luck smuggling drugs and do other bad things because of greed.  Once caught, they either just kill themselves or wait for the gov't to execute them.  They won't be treated well at all while waiting for execution in prison.  And not being treated well is an understatement.

My husband is Chinese but came to United States 20 years ago and he is now a U.S. citizen.  There are a lot of things he doesn't agree with but executing bad guys quickly is one he gives a thumbs up.

Kuan

MTA - This is my husband's and my opinion only.  It is OK if you do not agree.  :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:22:55 AM by tweetybaby2005 »

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:35:56 AM »
Awful, just awful! @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@
It was in a drug magazine my Pharmacist tell me!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"