Author Topic: more fairy garden items Pics  (Read 1631 times)

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
more fairy garden items Pics
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:02:05 AM »
Here's a swan planter with oriental lilles and a wheelbarrow of harves food
Kathy

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: more fairy garden items Pics
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 04:53:43 PM »
Kathy, your talents blow me away!!!!!  O0They are awesome!!!! O0
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:56:31 PM »
me to.. I watch her and kim and they are amazing.  I am gonna have me a fairy garden soon I hope.

tinkster

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 11:31:23 AM »
At the Renaissance Festival this past weekend, someone was selling little gnome doors that could be placed at the base of a tree.  After seeing all these fairy garden pictures, I was really wanting one of those doors.  They were $20 ... I figure for that, I could make my own.  Now just need to get around to actually doing it....

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 11:21:45 AM »
 ;D

Oh thanks you guys!!
I just finished this kitty this morning. She's taking a bath near the roses and morning glories.

I made plans for a room box today. Just need Hubby to cut the pieces for me. We are going to a miniature shop in Frankenmuth tomorrow for our anniversary! Fun Fun Fun!!
Kathy

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »
Hoo boy Kathy. I wish you would come here and take some of my miniature stuff off my hands. Well actually it is DH who wishes that.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 03:54:33 PM »
Hey Esther!  I'll pay for shipping ;D! ( I made a pattern for a roombox today, hoping DH will cut the pieces for me tomorrow. I would have done it myself, but i didn't know how to put the guard back on the table saw and I figured I couldn't make more stuff if i lost a finger today!)

I finished a fairy that is a "likeness" of my daughter Delaney.
It's really tough to make them look like someone in particular. It's a really loose interpretation. But she thinks it's pretty great.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 03:56:26 PM by perplexed ponder »
Kathy

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »
Very good. I never made people, just food from Fimo or Sculpey.

Mercy I have so much stuff I wouldn't know where to begin. I used 10 gallon aquariums for room boxes. My kids worked in the pet and garden center at Meijer and would buy the cracked or leaking returned ones for like $2. I should try to photograph some of the ones I haven't torn apart. I still have about a half dozen left but most of them are missing stuff as I would steal parts or people to use in other dioramas. Guess I ought to get out the Christmas one.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »
I am picking up a 90 gallon aquarium tomorrow from a woman around the corner FOR FREE!! @O@ She just didn't want to be bothered anymore, so now my fairies will have a home (where big nasty doggy teeth won't tear them apart!)

I've never made a room box. I used 12x12 scrapbook paper to cut the pieces and then traced them to the plywood. It all fits in paper, hope it does in the wood. I've seen some where they have a street of shops,like an old downtown. I thought I'd like to do that. A flower shop, a dog groomer/pet shop, a starbucks, a clock shop (for the husband) and an art gallery/antiques shop are in my mind right now, but it could go on forever!(Dh says a REAL strip mall would only have a pizza place, a check n go, a nail salon, and a cell phone store!)
Kathy

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 04:47:48 AM »
don't forget a little diner or cafe, so the shoppers can grab a bite to eat.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »
Were you saying you cut pieces of cardboard that fit the sides of the fish tank and covered them with wallpaper? That is what I did and then ran wiring between the cardboard and glass and under the carpet for lighting. Sometimes I cut window openings in the walls and put framing around it to look like real windows. The more I talk about it, the more I'd like to get back into it but don't have any place to display stuff any more. I used to take the scenes to the bank where I worked and people loved them. I even had a couple of people want to commision me to make stuff for their granddaughters but I talked them out of it by asking if the little gal was interested in doll house stuff and they said, "UH, well no, I guess not." Then I explained that my stuff wasn't exactly the kind of stuff that a kid could play with. Most of it was hand made and if a person was to buy it, my word, it would cost a mint.

Do you ever get to Grand Rapids?? I would so love to have you see my stuff and you could pick out some things to take home. I started doing it in 1976 and probably the last scene was done around 1995 or so. I never had a friend who was into miniature so it is fun to talk to you and see what you are doing.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 03:01:12 PM »
Kathy, how nice the cat looks like my fat siamese and your fairy is so cute, looks like little Luna Moth wings.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »
Marla,
Thanks! I DID PATTERN TEH WINGS FROM A LUNA MOTH!! How cool you noticed! I just didn't have room for the long tail parts of the wings. I love Luna Moths.

Esther,

Dont' get out to your part of the state much. I would absolutely LOVE tos ee your miniatures and your pond too! Maybe we can plan something this summer.

I didn't make the aquarium that way, but that sounds really great! I made a pattern for a wood room box out of cardstock. DH didn't get to cut it out today. We picked up the whopping 90 gallon aquarium and then went to the dollhouse shop. He bought me one for Christmas! It's the Allison by Real Good Toys. kind of a victorian or gothic style. I like that it is hinged and can be closed up. (keep out some dust and small visiting kids). He's going to start building it and hopefully the shell will be done for Christmas.

Have you seen Queen mary's dollhouse or the Colleen Moore fairy castle? AMAZING!! I have been so inspired! I got a book on the fairy castle in the mail yesterday. If you go on the Museum of science and industry web site (chicago) they have pictures of some of the rooms. You must read the descriptions to fully understand just how amazing the pieces in it are. The book has even more.

I wish I had friends that are interested in these things. None of my friends are interested in ponds, miniatures, nothing really interesting (just pop culture crap). My Mom is into it and my Grandmother was too. My Grandfather built me a dollhouse when I was 3. It's still at my Mom's house and my kids play with it there.

can you email pics of your pieces to me? i would love to see them!
I know what you mean about being paid for the items. Everyone keeps telling me to sell them, but you can't get any actual money for the incredible amount of time you spend on them. I tried to sell the hummingbird feeder, couldn't get a bid of $4.99! i haven't tried any others.
Kathy

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 08:23:04 PM »
There is someone on Ebay that sells those strip mall/store kits.  It caught my eye the other day.  I wouldn't have anywhere to put it, but I thought it was a neat look.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 03:46:29 AM »
kim,

i saw that too. I kind of patterned mine from that one. It was very expensive. To make myself, since I had wood in the garage, it will only cost me for the door and windows (and stuff to put in it). i THink i will start with a pet shop. The kids will love helping wih it and  i can make most of the items myself. less $$.

spent the evening looking at painted lady victorians on the web trying to choose  a color scheme for the house. I think deep sage, plum and lavender is going to be it. I'd like to gold leaf some little details on the trim too.
Kathy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"