Author Topic: Christmas projects...  (Read 1261 times)

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Christmas projects...
« on: December 02, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »
Hi all,  I thought I'd share a few pic's of the stockings I am working on for my two girls and their fiance/boyfriend.  Also made the DD's each a Christmas purse and am working on a quilt wall hanging for my self.  Hope I don't bore you all...

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas projects...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 09:50:34 PM »
And the rest...

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 06:23:44 AM »
Those are adorable!  Such attention to detail, too.

I spent about 9 hours yesterday sewing.  I'm selling reuseable shopping bags at a craft fair Saturday, along with other things.  I know you can buy them at any store for one dollar, but mine are MUCH cuter, made from fabric with dogs and cats, '60's flower-power designs, hot pink, and more.  I'm also knitting scarves.  Now in that last-minute frenzy, trying to get merchandise finished, prepare my booth, and also get gifts wrapped and packaged up to mail.

Making things with your hands is FUN!

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 07:01:57 AM »
Those look Great !
I hate to sew myself.....even a button is a chore for me.... lol

I enjoy working with wood, when I have the time .

bonnie

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
Julles,

Thanks!  Sounds like you've been very busy yourself!  I also crotched 5 scarves last year for my kids and their friends and I also did several plastic canvas x-mas tree decorations, etc., have also done some more of them this year too.  It is great to make something yourself and see how nice it turns out.  Good luck on your booth!

Bonnie,

Thank you too!  I love to sew, have done it for many years.  Even worked as a seamstress in a Drycleaners for about five years, long time ago.  I started dabbling in woodburning a few years back.  I like it, I just haven't made too much yet. 

Hope you both had a great Thanksgiving and have a Merry Christmas!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 05:10:11 PM »
Nice projects. Haven't really started anything much here. We're making aluminum wind chimes for our kids.

About 35 years ago I painted a ceramic chess set for my husband. He was an industrial arts teacher and made a wonderful box to hold all the pieces, but he never made the inside thingys that hold the pieces upright and never finished the box. We have been divorced about 25 years. 

A few weeks ago I took the box off the shelf in the basement and showed it to my second DH. Recently I discovered that my 14 year old grandson liked to play chess. So Dh bought some 1/4" birch plywood, good on one side, and figured out how to place the chess pieces. He cut matching holes in two pieces of wood that fit in the box. One piece will lay in the bottom of the box and the other piece has four wooden legs glued to it to support the upper parts of the chess pieces. He/I sanded all the holes and tops and sanded the surfaces of the box. Then I discovered that there was one piece of the birch left that fit in the box. So I covered it with painter's tape and then carefully drew up the squares for the game board. I cut away every other square with exacto knives and then painted the other squares with a rust colored "dry" paint that is used for stencils. I have put about 4 coats of Poly on it, steelwooling in between coats. I'll put green felt on the underside. Tonight I started polying the box and steelwooling it.

Another project that maybe I'll get done is a large log carrier made out of heavy denim. My stepson brings in wood for the fireplace to supplement their heat. It will have dowels for handles and maybe I'll embroider something on it.

We aren't having Christmas until New Year's Day so maybe I'll have time.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 05:12:00 PM by Esther »

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 09:07:44 PM »
Very nice, I'm not much of a sewer either.  Did it out of necessity for years, but hate all the ripping out when mistakes happen.  And knee patches on little boys pants a real pain.  Never enjoyed it enough to be crafty.   I give any one that sews lots of credit.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"