Author Topic: What is the temp today at your place  (Read 4184 times)

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: What is the temp today at your place
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 03:31:57 AM »
9 degrees here -  :o :cry: :swear: :blowup:
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 04:11:00 AM »
Friday morning:  -17, wind chill -35.  Unbelievably miserable for animals outside  :'(
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 05:20:11 AM »
Like Marla, I bottomed out at -22 deg.  Get that battery Marla!
It's all up hill from here. @O@ @O@ @O@

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 06:25:40 AM »
-7 right now. Too damned cold. I feel so sorry for the outside animals.  :'( :'( The turkey and deer around here are getting fed well. Yesterday the turkey were here almost all day in the back yard. The deer have been coming out early. They know where the gravy train is.  O0

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »
-11 here this morning!

Steve, hubby is hoping this cold weather brings enough ice on our pond so that he can go ice fishing and I'm looking forward to a nice mess of bluegill.  He loves to ice fish, but the ice usually doesn't get thick enough in this area.  I like to fish, but have a real problem walking out across the ice.  Now if I lived in your area where the ice is thick, I would be OK.  Every winter we say we are going north to ice fish, but have never made it.

Karen

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 09:08:53 AM »
Right now as I post this it is about 53* and expected to get up to 78* in the afternoon.  I almost for got to turn on the sprinkler timer four days into this heat wave we are experiencing.  Yesterday while trimming my roses I found many plants that got heat burn  >:(  With the water shortage here I hate to think I will have to water my plants all winter.   :-\

While I'm trying to keep cool, you guys in the way of the Arctic Blast keep warm!

Karen, I love fishing and a mess of bluegills sounds delish!

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 09:31:43 AM »
Charlie loves bluegills too o(:-) ;), right off the knife O0--but he's so spoiled, that I cut them into bite sized pieces for him. ::)

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"