Author Topic: One of my Christmas presents...  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
One of my Christmas presents...
« on: January 22, 2009, 04:49:07 PM »
is struttin' her stuff!!  She started opening up yesterday and look at her this evening!  When my SIL gave her to me, there was one little leaf sprout coming out of the bulb.  It's been amazing to watch  o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: One of my Christmas presents...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 06:09:41 PM »
OOOH , that is beautiful !
bonnie

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 03:36:22 PM »
Very nice color!   o(:-)

I picked up a few amaryllis kits from Target after New Year's on the 90% off sale.  I think I paid about 99 cents for the pot, soil and bulb in a Smith & Hawkens box.  Got the last 3 in the store!  They're sitting out back in the sun (rain today) and doing quite well.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
Very nice color!   o(:-)

I picked up a few amaryllis kits from Target after New Year's on the 90% off sale.  I think I paid about 99 cents for the pot, soil and bulb in a Smith & Hawkens box.  Got the last 3 in the store!  They're sitting out back in the sun (rain today) and doing quite well.

Yeah I work there and clearanced a whole bunch and never got any :-\....people were taking them as fast as I could mark.  I kept 2 amaryllis going for a few years, but this year the bulbs rotted :'(   Kittyzee, it is a beautiful color, I love the varigation.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »
Thanks!  What in the world do I do with them after they've quit blooming?  I guess I'll have to search to see what I'm supposed to do in this northern climate!  :o
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 07:30:03 PM »
LuAnn, after they stop blooming keep your plant in a sunny location, in your case indoors.  Cut off the flower stalk and let the leave grow.  When the weather is warmer you can plant it outdoors. 

In my case I can leave them out in the garden year-round.  You may have to dig them up in the fall.  You may have do some research or have another Ponder answer that for you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"