Author Topic: Test bed and attraction.  (Read 1200 times)

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Test bed and attraction.
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »
Something to look at.         Mike.

Offline rdrboone

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Test bed and attraction.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »
Gosh, those lilies are pretty.  How many ponds do you have and big are they?

Ruth
Ruth

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
I could just sit there all day and enjoy the beauty.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 07:24:37 PM »
I could just sit there all day and enjoy the beauty.

Yes, me too Marla !
Just Beautiful !

bonnie

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
That's a good question Ruth.  Let me think, I have one that Is .53 acres, and another that is over a quarter acre and another that's probably about an eighth of an acre that I have lilies in right now.   I'm building another one that will be over an acre with an island at one end. Hopefully this spring I can get it filling with water.  It will be a production pond, mostly under 3 ft. deep with topsoil bottom for high fertility but with two deep areas for diving and swimming.   I'm going to be growing lilies in a friends pond next year after I get it fenced for deer.   It's a half acre.   And I have 3 more ponds 1 quarter acre or smaller that I didn't build that leak and need repaired before I can plant them.   In the next month or so I'm going to start building the upper valve pond between the 2 big ponds in the pictures. And that should take me about a week.    That leaves about 30 or so more that I have places for, ranging from 4 of them being approx. one half acre.       Down to 20 ft. or so in dia.  That should keep me busy for a while.                  Marla and bunny, I usually don't sit and enjoy the flowers because I usually have my face right in them while I'm in the water doing my crosses.       I drink a lot of nectar while I work.        I don't know how many that is but I hope it answers your question.    There is more info in thread " more pictures from turtlemike"             Mike.       
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 12:17:40 PM by turtlemike »

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
Wow, Mike, that's a big spread.

Sure would love to see an arial view of your land and ponds.  Maybe you can find it on Google Maps, then post a link.

Offline rdrboone

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 01:18:30 PM »
That is a whole lot of lily growing territory.   
I enjoy all of your photos.
Ruth
Ruth

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »
Hi Julles I have seen my place on google maps and I'm sure I could find it again. It;s easy to see my big pond and you can even see some lily beds.   Wow my lilies are visible from space,wild.   It's hard to see the lower big pond because they took the picture around 9 or 10 in the morning and it's still in shade of the big oaks to the east. you can clearly see the island pond under construction and the flattened area for the green house.    The other ponds are harder to see without someone to point them out.   basically it looks like a sea of trees except for my pastures and hay fields and ponds.     The picture was taken in the summer of 07 before I got the greenhouse up.    I know very little about computers and don't know how to post a link.   tell me how and I'll give it a try.   The pics are the island pond under construction.   the first one is taken standing on the island and the next one is looking toward the island end of the pond from the other end.    one dam is almost done and the other dam is yet to be built out of the dirt piled up in the center of what will be the pond.  The next pic shows where the other dam will soon be built with dirt pile in the middle of the pond, looking toward the island end.    Mike.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 03:29:34 PM by turtlemike »

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 03:45:33 PM »
attraction.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"