Author Topic: Hello.....  (Read 1332 times)

Offline PondJoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/01/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Hello.....
« on: January 21, 2009, 12:29:35 PM »
I am so happy to have found this site.  You all seem like such nice people...but then pond people always are I have found.

My pond is almost 3 years old now and I have to say that there is nothing else like it in the world.  I don't "mess" with it much (no chemicals, etc.) but I keep it clean and the water is always lovely.  I have even learned to roll with the flow when the dreaded string algae comes in the spring.  Which by the way it does in the winter here too because we have 70 degree days!! (south Texas)  I do love to putter around and I am desperate to do something about the area around the edge of the pond, but for the most part I just enjoy it when I can.  (I work way too much!)

I have 20 fish (all goldfish with one remaining big Koi that survived whatever predator we had last year).  Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hope to visit with you all often.  I learn so much from others and hopefully I can share some of my experiences with you all. o(

Offline ponderer

• Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Hello.....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »
Welcome! It is a fun place. I'm not a really big poster , but I always tell local ponders to check it out. ( they must be lurkers)

Mary

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 02:17:50 PM »
PondJoy, welcome to the forum...take some time and look around on all the sub-forums, lots of interesting subjects and yes the people here are very nice and helpful.  Please post some pics of your pond, all ponders love not only showing off their own ponds but looking at others, it's always a great way to get ideas ;).
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 06:41:31 PM »
Welcome , PondJoy !
There's some really nice people in here too !

bonnie

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 06:56:22 PM »
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hello and glad you found us.  Don't be shy around this bunch, were all just a friendly family that like to share info, plants, etc. 

Do you have any pics to post, We ALL love pics.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline PondJoy

• Members
  • With us since: 14/01/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:04:28 PM »
Thanks everyone...here is a pic from a year ago...still looks the same except everything is brown right now.  (Well, almost)  Also there are fish now!

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 04:47:44 PM »
Hi PondJoy! Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of nice folks here.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 06:28:17 PM »
Oooooo, very lovely it is so lush, fits great in the yard O0.  Thanks for posting the picture!!!!
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum, PondJoy! @O@ @O@ @O@
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 06:42:26 AM »
PondJoy,

Two years ago, someone up on Lake Houston / Atascocita, had his pond on the tour, and it was unparalleled!  A HUGE pond, and then a really nice covered patio all around it, BBQ grill and all of that, and a special side section of large tanks holding prize fish and favorite lilies.  The main pond spilled over a wall and down into the lily tanks.  And a natural creek running into and through the tanks. Very well planned out.  I can't even imagine what it cost to build it.

In addition, he had acreage, and actually had a hiking trail, alongside a small spring, through his woods.  All this was right on the shores of Lake Houston.  It was stupendous.   

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"