Author Topic: Has anyone seen the movie called "An American Crime"  (Read 880 times)

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Has anyone seen the movie called "An American Crime"
« on: January 31, 2009, 08:23:14 PM »
If so tell me what your toughts were?
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone seen the movie called "An American Crime"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 08:41:32 AM »
I didn't see it so I Googled it.  Apparently it was a cable TV release and it didn't make it to the theaters.  Critics said it was a very disturbing movie reportedly based upon a real-life incident in the 60's in Indiana. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone seen the movie called "An American Crime"
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 03:12:23 PM »
Not something I'm going to watch.

An American Crime is a 2007 crime-drama film based on the true story of the torture and murder of Sylvia Likens by Indianapolis housewife Gertrude Baniszewski. It premiered at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival to controversy amongst the critics, most of whom, nonetheless, lauded the daring performances of Catherine Keener (who earned an Emmy and Golden Globe nomination for her portrayal) and, especially, Ellen Page.[1] Because of internal problems with the film's original distributor, First Look, the film was headed to the straight-to-DVD market, but Showtime stepped in and officially premiered the film on May 10, 2008.[2] The film was recently nominated for a Writer's Guild Award.

Go to the link, and then you can read the whole review.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_American_Crime

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"