Author Topic: Esther, where are you?  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Esther, where are you?
« on: January 29, 2009, 09:41:43 AM »
What's the update?

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Esther, where are you?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
I'm not on the computer as much when I'm at my son's house. They have dial up and it's as slow as molasses in January. Also, I'm caring for his home and the dog and kids. The kids are 14, 7 and 4 months. My husband is working on one of our rental units and comes home for supper and the night. Thank goodness he takes Eliana to school and picks her up at 4. I hate the thought of dragging a baby out twice a day in this cold and on these country roads.

Anyway, the doctors removed the stomach tube yesterday. It supposedly was removing the fluids that are constantly in his stomach. The idea was to keep it pumped out so he wouldn't have anything to throw up. Well he did anyway. In the meantime the stupid tube was in his nose and taped to his face. When he talked he sounded nasal from the tube. It was hard to clean his nose with the tube there. And he hated it because it was constantly in the way and pulling at him. So Dawn asked the doctor what it was accomplishing and he agreed that maybe it wasn't doing anything. And if the vomiting became a lot worse, they can always put the tube back.

Oddly enough, they thought the kidney was threatened by the tumor and it might be but right now the kidney seems to be functioning just fine. His counts are good except for blood platelets. There seems to be some internal bleeding but they have no idea what from. The tumor was giving off fluids in the abdominal cavity and causing severe distention so they put in a drain with a valve so they can draw it off whenever they want. It's been averaging about 12 ounces a day. But he is sooooo much more peaceful now. He has that button that he can push when he has pain and asks his mom when he needs it. He talked to Eliana on the phone last night and was happy to hear the kids would be coming down to visit. HE wanted his big fire engine brought to the hospital so Daddy took it.

The other evening, Dawn was laying on his bed beside him and he started to fuss because his tummy hurt. She encouraged him to "Push the button" and he did. It wasn't long and he felt better. Dawn had a few moments of tears and usually she/they try very hard to not cry in front of him. He realized she was crying and asked her if she was. She said she was. He asked her why. She told him it made her sad to know his tummy hurt. He said, "Mommy, you shouldn't cry, you should be happy. I am happy." Hard to imagine he can be happy in his situation.   

So basically, nothing new. The funeral arrangements have been pretty much made with the funeral director and the pastor of their church so that is all taken care of. The local funeral home is charging only about a third of what he would charge for an adult. This funeral is going to be quite different from the typical one I suspect. Kevin doesn't want it to be about death and hopelessness. It is to be the recognition of Braeden's healing and graduation from this earth. Kevin has made up a 4 minute video of him to play at the funeral. There is a guy at their church who has a wonderful singing voice. He has consented to sing "There will be a day" at the funeral. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iopO_jQ2yLk&feature=related    I suspect Kevin won't even wear a suit to the funeral. I don't think he owns one. He got fed up with that kind of dress when he was a kid and I tried to dress him like an old man for church.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:29:22 AM by Esther »

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 11:40:39 AM »
Thanks for the update Esther....  :hug: ...for everyone!
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:41:24 AM »
That's a beautiful song.  Hard to listen to, knowing what's happening, but the words can be a comfort.

Thanks for the update, Esther.

Prayers.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:23:01 PM »
Thanks for the update, yes it is a beautiful song thanks for the link.  Prayers contiune.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 04:23:21 PM »
I know a crazy person I can ask to pray for Braeden.  lol

Seriously, glad to hear he isn't in pain.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
HEy, that crazy person seems to think he has a lot of pull with the Person he's praying to, so he's welcome to join the rest of us crazy people.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
Thank you Esther for the update . I'm glad he's not in pain .

A very good friend of mine died from cystic fibrosis , when I was a teenager.
Before he passed away he told his parent's to have happy , uplifting music
at his  funeral  because he didn't want anyone to be sad but happy because he was out of pain.
He was like a brother to me .

bonnie

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 04:30:54 PM »
Esther, thanks for the update.  Braeden is such a strong kid, strong enough to even comfort his own mother.  That song is so beautiful.  Can't stop crying when listening to it knowing what's coming.  Stay strong for the big guy.  We are so proud of him.

I'll continue to pray for you and your family.

Kuan

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 08:14:54 PM »
What a strong child. Continued prayers & hugs. I pray that when it is time, God takes him gently.

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »
Haven't been on this site much lately so I'm very upset to come back for a look and read this news.  I cannot imagine how horrible this must be for you and your family.  I think of you often and hope for a miracle.

Bart

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"