Author Topic: Look! I am RICH !  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Look! I am RICH !
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:14:10 AM »
Would they lie?
 @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@

Dear Sir/Madam

I take the liberty of writing you this very confidential mail. I implore you to give it your maximum attention as the contents are in absolute good faith.

For avoidance of doubts, my name is Barrister Bernard Sankoh, I was personal attorney to  late engineer , nationality of your country who  died in ghastly motor accident by running into a stationery Trailer without warning sign on December 26 , 2006.

After his death with members of his family,due process was followed to alert members of the public and any relation of his through Electronic Media Obituary Announcement both in the local television station here in Togo. 

Right now his Bankers has written me requesting me to contact any of his relation for the purpose of transferring his estate in the sum of 10.2 million Us Dollars.Due to the pressure from the Bank I decided to present you as the next of kin to my said deceased client and to further ask your hand of co-operation under utmost confidentiality to claim the outstanding sum by presenting you as the Next of Kin of my late client.

Needless to reassure you that as a Lawyer and personal attorney to my late client, all the necessary information and documents that will sufficiently prove to the officials of the Bank that you are the next of Kin to the deceased shall be obtained legally from the probate section of the High Court.

I would therefore request you to give this letter serious thought and get back to me urgently.

Regards.
Bernard Sankoh

Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Look! I am RICH !
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:36:28 AM »
Get those all the time. They are all written with a different twist. I just sorted two like those into the "block" region of one of my email addresses.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:01:19 PM »
A "Barrister" can't afford a proofreader - who speaks ENGLISH?

Offline Argos5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:04:16 PM »
"Some guys have all the luck..."  {:-P;;

(Apologies to Rod Stewart)

Ventura County, California, Zone 8b

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »
 ::)
Thanks,
Rich

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 03:25:06 PM »
Believe it or not - I know a lawyer who fell for something similar. The widow of a Nigerian general who needed to cash some travellers' cheques. She cashed several fraudulent checks and sent a portion of the money to Nigeria. (shaking head)

She lost her law license and is doing time for bank fraud.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"