Author Topic: Works for me...  (Read 952 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Works for me...
« on: April 23, 2009, 11:15:29 AM »
Well, after several months of having a vacant house next to me, I finally have new neighbors - a retired couple.  I spoke to him the other night and he said something about hearing the waterfall and told me he loves the sound!   So nice...my last loser of a neighbor (some may remember my stories) claimed he wanted a waterfall in his yard but complained about hearing mine (in not so many words).  So it looks like I will finally have a good neighbor on BOTH sides of my house now, I already get along great with the other one's. 

Now if I can just get my water lillies to start growing...I put them in too late but they are just barely growing.  Any suggestions to speed up the process?  I had four in the pond last year and it became a mess, so I'm going to try just two this year and see how that goes.
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Works for me...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:29:01 AM »
Good news on the new neighbors!  Not much more to making life miserable than a lousy neighbor....

I wish I could help you on the lily situation, but if you just put them in they'll just need some time and warm temps to get them going I'll bet  ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »
That's GREAT!!!!!, we have a neighbor that has complained once and I'm not sure why as we have 2 acres so it's not like they live real close.  The house on the other side has been empty for 3 years, with occasional renters, there is one in there now for just a short time yet, but have not met them, a row of Colorado spruces line both of our side yard borders so it's pretty quiet.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »
Nothing better than good neighbor relations.  Makes life so much easier.

It has been pretty cold here (not counting dratted heat wave that sucked all the water we needed to control the drought).  My lilies are just sending up small pads and what I call noodles - stems.  Also I'm not in full sun until after 1pm.  Patience is all I need.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 11:25:47 PM »
I just got over a MAJOR issue with my neighbor.  The dorkhead keeps chopping at my hedges and bushes.  This time he did something majorly damaging to the roots of my ligustrum trees, and I had to speak up.  Got it (mostly) all straightened out.  But I don't trust him to keep his hands off.

We live in townhomes that share one wall.  The landscaping out front is half in front of my house, and half in front of his house.  But I've lived her 21 years and have always taken care of all of it.  He moves in 4 years ago, doesn't speak to anyone, and figures the plants on "his" side of the line are his to chop.  Now, that's stupid!  If there are four trees in front of our houses, all exactly the same size and shape and all lined up in a row, he shouldn't go trimming the two he thinks are "his."   Especially not without knocking on the door and consulting ME!

That's the thimble-sized version.  The whole story was really much larger and uglier.

Re the lilies - be sure to fertilize.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 11:52:48 PM »
I am lucky and have good neighbors.  Im not a bad one either.  I tend a garden when my next door guy is way and that's often.  He does mine too, but not like i do his!  he does forget. I do not.
My other neighgbor and I play pool very often.  Michael, Marty might come to our pond party so you can meet him.
One thing that scares me about apt living is smokers and fires.  One has no control.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:11:54 AM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"