Author Topic: Thermoplanter sale  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Mark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/12/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Thermoplanter sale
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:36:53 AM »
Hi all, Looking to clear out a little inventory before christmas so for all you tropical water lily lovers I will be running a 2 week sale on Thermoplanter heated pots

1- Thermoplanter $36.95 Free shipping

2-or more Thermoplanters $35.00 free shipping

I take MC, Visa and Pay Pal, you can contact me at

blackriver@fairpoint.net Thanks
Mark 

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Thermoplanter sale
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 02:34:25 PM »
can u post pics?? lorraine
lorraine

Offline casey

• Members
  • With us since: 19/12/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:14:36 PM »
I have one comment for improvement to the thermoplanters.  I bought 2 this fall and am interested in seeing if the 2 tropicals in them over-winter.  My comment is that it would be great if there was a light on them to show they are on.  Maybe you could pass that comment on to the manufacturer.  If my planter stops working there is no way to tell that, I guess unless the plant totally dies quickly.  If the planter works this winter and you make your offer again i may be interested. 

Casey

Offline Mark

• Members
  • With us since: 12/12/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:35:49 AM »
Hi, Lorraine
 Yes I can post some pics so I will get to that, or it may be easier to go to the web site at www.thermoplanter.com and go to lilies and gallery at the bottom left hand side of the web site. you will see on the Eddies aquarium pics were taken on or before June 13th and that night bloomer is already 6 feet accross and fully budded up. Eddies is out side of Albany NY in a zone 5. You will also see one of the many Vics we have grown in the Thermoplanter. The pics of the Thermoplanter itself are also easy to see on specs or what is a Thermoplanter.

Hi Casey,
 The first thing that I looked into was putting a light on the cord to show the heater is operating. I didn't for two reasons one was cost, it added quite a lot to the pot and the second is they are not reliable and fail often. I just put my finger down into the soil and you will feel the warmth that way. (sorry I know thats a little crude) On a brighter note I have replaced those horrible little clips that held down the foam cover. The new ones are great, sturdy, and easy to use over and over. Can you tell me the variety of lilies you are over wintering and what climate zone you are?  And how they performed this growing season? Thanks for the comments
Mark

Offline casey

• Members
  • With us since: 19/12/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:53:45 AM »
Hi Mark,

You can sure tell how active I have been lately, especially in checking responses to my own queries!  I live in Tucson, AZ.  I have 2 Thermoplanters.  Since they were a new experiment for me I was not willing to risk 2 tropicals completely.  So one, Blue Aster, is in a larger tub that is also heated and outside the pond on our deck in full sun.  It is doing really well and blooming.  The other, Charlie's Pride, is in the pond at about 12" with 52 degree water right now.  It is also in full sun.  Charlie's Pride is okay.  It looks like a stunted plant would look with about 10 tiny buds and about 10 small leaves at the crown. They look like they are not dying but not growing either.  It has about 8 leaves on the surface, all of which look typical of end of season leaves. 

I am happy to hear you have improved the plug quality as they needed improvement.  Thanks.  I hear what you are saying about the light but maybe you can keep working on something to resolve that.... a light on the plug part not under water?   I don't know that sticking my finger down there to test for heat is really yucky but in the winter it is problematic because wandering around in the 52 degree water, even in waders, is not fun and sticking your arms in in even less fun.  Maybe there is a tall thin thermometer with a top read dial that could be left in pot so you could see the temp from land??? 

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the performance of the pots I have.  I am myself a (minor) inventor and always appreciate comments and suggestions re my product.  You may find it easier to get a response from me if you email me directly.  I am out of town alot and check my email but not my bookmarked sites when I am gone.

Casey

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »
I got one for Christmas. I will see how it works.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"