Author Topic: my little pond  (Read 1999 times)

Offline cricket67

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
my little pond
« on: May 23, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »

Offline Kabuki

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/04/2009
    • View Profile
Re: my little pond
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »
What a beautiful shape! How big is it?

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 07:08:56 PM »
I love that!  What a neat design.  The water flows from the big part of the pond to the Bog area around the whole pond.. to neat! how deep is that planting area/bog.

tink

Offline cricket67

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »
iTS 200 GAL. I been having it for a few years but with the hurricanes and trying to rebulid our home and life...so we all in place now...I'm really excited that i can playing around with my pond again...But this time if a huuricane comes i can put my plants in my little 20 gal. up on my porch...which my house is like 9 feet up in the air....
I have met some very sweet people that are helping me out with plants to fill my little pond.....

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 08:27:55 AM »
Cricket, tell me about the hurricanes. We live in Lumberton, Texas which is just above Beaumont. We rode out Rita and Ike, both made landfall at night which somehow made it worse. You could hear the trees falling but you couldn't see anything. The house is almost finished being repaired from Ike now and I plan on starting the pond very soon, as soon as I finish a little more trim work, we both needed a short break from non stop household work. I have been picking people's brains here and have been making plans to do it. I want our back yard to be our haven, a special place.

I like your pond and hope that we both dodge the bullet this year as far as hurricanes are concerned, we do need a break.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline cricket67

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »
Yes i hope we have a break for a few years....cause it takes that long to rebuild your yard and home....People tell us we are crazy staying down here in the area where we can get so hard..but if u really look at it no matter where u live u get hit with something that can turn your life and home upside down....plus when u are born and raised in an area that place will always be home....
When we first got hit by katrina and lost everything..i had said i wanted to move away didn't want to lose a home again....We did move to the city...after 2 years in the city i hated it....I told my husband we are wasting time living in the city when we have land that we could be living on....the land we have is 100 by 600 with the bayou side....so its a good piece of land....I was born and raised way down south of Louisiana....Maybe one day when i'm older and really can't put up with the hurricanes anymore then i'll have to make a move...lol

Offline sooks

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/04/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »
I have the same exact pond. I got it from home depot a few years ago.  :D
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. "  ...Helen Keller

Offline cricket67

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 05:47:52 PM »
Yep i got mine at Home depot also....i had a little 20 gal. for years and always did good with plants in...i was so sooo good with the plants that i would give buckets full to a friend that had a bigger pond....And she was always amazed how my plants would grow so fast....One day this friend calls me up and tells me we were going shopping....well we ended up at home depot and she talked me into getting this pond....i only paid like $100 for it....and its been a few hurricanes and still going strange....lol

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 07:58:43 PM »
I've never seen a liner like that before.  I like the bog like ledge too.  O0

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"