Author Topic: What a day...  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
What a day...
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
Went to the residence association meeting this afternoon at 4:30.
(our neighborhood is having a crisis because one new city-it a-hole neighbor is trying to shut down our deeded residence association Right Of Way to the beach.)
Came home at 6...through the garage-basement entrance...find big puddle in front of 50 gallon aquarium.  :o
Yup, it's leaking, 4" gone already...water RUNNING out of the back left corner.
Dinner was baking in the oven, and steaming on the range...so we have dinner despite the immediate crisis. (hubby shop vacced most up first)
Called Petco and Petland, both closed.
Then remembered my brother saying something about a big aquarium he bought at a yardsale recently.
Called him, yup, come get it. We go get it. EXTREMELY filthy, used for reptile. Spend one hour cleaning it after filling it to make sure it doesn't leak. (filling took almost an hour.)
So we spent HOURS transferring water, gravel, filters, fish, plants, aquarium decor, etc, etc, tested the water,
temp, pH, jury-rigging a cover cuz there isn't one yet, lalalalalalaaaaaaa... o(

WAIT A MINUTE....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF is that smell? DH: What smell? Me: THAT smell.... Smells like oil...gas....whatever...smell it????! DH:  ?)(?
Me: OMG!!!!!!!!!
What's that puddle in the other corner by the water tank?  :o    :-\     >:(
I walk over, stick my hand in it...sniff it....FUEL!!! Leaking from the fuel line from the fuel tank outdoors into the basement.
 >:(-   >:(-    >:(-   So the guy is here now, cleaning up the immediate mess and patching it until the big guy comes back tomorrow and replaces all the fuel lines.
Thank goodness we have a service contract.  O0

What a friggin' day!  ::)

I'm soaked, stinky, sore...exhausted!  :P And still have MOUNTAINS of laundry to do!  :'(
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: What a day...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 08:31:57 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
it will all be over tomorrow. @O@
You can't say "Friggen" here!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
Um Jerry, you are such a stickler!!! LOL.

Joyce, you don't need this kind of stuff right now. Phooey, such a rotten day for you. But I guess it is pretty much under control at least. Glad nothing worse went on. That gas thing is scarey!! What if you weren't there and -----never mind. Good thing you have us to spout out to.

It was beautiful here, a little coolish around low 70s and a stiff wind most of the day but very sunny. We overslept this morning and missed church so decided to head to a buffet restaurant for brunch and then came home and picked up Smokey and drove north to the cemetery where Braeden is buried. It's an old one out in the country, with stones reading back to the mid 1800s. His grave is way at the back/side shaded with three big old maples. Right now there's just a little metal marker put there by the funeral home guy but eventually they're going to get a stone and then I want to plant something there.

We came home and I spent the rest of the day designing, printing out and addressing the invitations to our 25th anniversary party the 20th of this month. Yes, you are all invited. How do you like your steak?

Offline JimMcD in SVAZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/12/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 09:24:58 PM »
Jerry,  Joyce didn't wrote "friggen", she wrote "friggin", so no harm, no foul.
And after the afternoon she described, do you really want to pick a fight with the lady?
I'm here on a "Free Membership", the rest of you simply aren't paying to be here.  No, it isn't the same thing.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »
Joyce, that's a froggin' shame, all of it. 

;)     

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 10:45:23 PM »
No Jim, she'd beat the friggen crap out of me >:(-
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 05:15:13 AM »
Anyway Jerry, you let me say friggin' all the time... lol 

Joyce, I loved the expression you gave your DH when you smelled the fuel... :D  Mine reacts the same way..he NEVER smells anything. 

So sorry about your "sucky" day.  Maybe you should just stay home, relax and do laundry.  ;D
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 09:20:23 AM »
My objections were only a joke..  I am sure you knew that.  The trouble with the typed word is one cannot see a smile or grin o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 09:27:59 AM »
Waaaay too much for one day.  Have you ever read the children's book "Alexander and the terrible, no good, very bad day"?  Your day would certainly get a couple of pages dedicated to it in that story.  :-\  Hope things are under control by now and that the damage was not too serious or expensive. 
emm

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"