Author Topic: New Pets but no pics.  (Read 1123 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
New Pets but no pics.
« on: June 15, 2009, 06:38:53 PM »
I forgot to mention it but Friday night, I found an ad in a local on-line classified that a fish farm where I usually get free goldfish was giving away free baby koi. So, I called him up Saturday morning and my wife and I went out there after getting back from picking up a half a trailer of composted horse bedding. I got four new 1" baby koi. @O@

Oh, the composted horse bedding was cedar chips mixed with the obvious horse patties. :) I plan to separate the cedar chips from the rest and use the chips for mulch on the front flower bad and the rest I'm going to mix with the natural soil here.

I put the babies in with the hardy water lilies.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: New Pets but no pics.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:23:46 PM »
Wow, that's great!  Wish I could find some free koi here.  All I have any more are about 7 small goldfish.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »
Nothing better than free!  Before long you'll have to train the baby koi how not to upset the lilies.  :D

Sorting wood chips from horse patties?  That I wouldn't take, even free  :o

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »
Nothing better than free!  Before long you'll have to train the baby koi how not to upset the lilies.  :D

Sorting wood chips from horse patties?  That I wouldn't take, even free  :o

Annette, I will train the koi how to be hand fed when they are 3" long and are put in with the other koi. I learned my lesson on leaving water lilies in with koi. {nono} The problem isn't sorting the wood chips from the horse chips, it's separating the good horse chips from the bad horse chips. You got to break them open because most of them are nothing but grass and hay. ::) I hope nobody reads this before they eat. :o
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 08:08:52 PM »
 lol  :P

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:58:17 PM »
 lol lol lol
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"